Fanatec NASCAR Wheel

• Thread starter motoman617
  • 5 comments
United States
California
motoman
motoman617
Anybody here buy the Fanatec NASCAR Wheel? I received mine today and mounted it up to my Podium Hub and when I went to install the padded NASCAR center pad it will only go on one way which leaves the logo sitting at about a 45 degree angle when the wheel is centered. It is held on with a Velcro material and it is the type on Velcro that will only connect one way. Yes I know it is a minor thing but I was just curious if anybody else might have had this happen. I guess I will have to scrape all the Velcro and old glue off and get some more at Home Depot and glue it onto the pad and wheel center.

Anybody here buy the Fanatec NASCAR Wheel? I received mine today and mounted it up to my Podium Hub and when I went to install the padded NASCAR center pad it will only go on one way which leaves the logo sitting at about a 45 degree angle when the wheel is centered. It is held on with a Velcro material and it is the type on Velcro that will only connect one way. Yes I know it is a minor thing but I was just curious if anybody else might have had this happen. I guess I will have to scrape all the Velcro and old glue off and get some more at Home Depot and glue it onto the pad and wheel center.

It's a NASCAR wheel. Try hitting it with a piece of 2-be-4, or welding it, or pour beer on it.

I actually wouldn't call it a minor thing - the look of the physical wheel is the only reason for buying it so it has to be right. I'd contact Fanatec support, it could be a manufacturer issue that's led to the logo on the boss being misapplied, or there might be another way of attaching it that isn't immediately obvious.

You paid good money for it and it sounds like it is faulty. Get a replacement.

There shouldn't be a need to remove the Velcro and reapply it. If you push hard on the Velcro it should be able to attach itself in any orientation. If the 'grain' of the Velcro is somehow preventing it from sitting quite right, then reorientating the Velcro adapter plate (behind the wheel rim) should give you more options to seat it correctly.

I got it figured out yesterday. I was aligning the top hole of the adapter plate and when I went to install the Nascar pad it was always crooked. As Dom suggested above if I lined up the pad with the logo straight, it just took a lot more pressure than I was applying. Once I had the wheel and hub on a solid surface a little more pressure allowed the Velcro to connect and everything is lined up.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Latest Posts

Back