Fanatec ordering bafoonery?

• Thread starter Yard_Sale
  • 7 comments
United States
The failed experiment entitled “California”.
Went to place an order yesterday for a CSL elite package with load cell pedal thingee. Forked over my $800 bucks at paypal (which was wierd), saw that my money is going to some distribution company in Los Angeles (also weird), no order conformation. Did some research on the interwebz and found that this is kind of standard fare for Fanatec.

Anyone have some latest info or experience?

I ordered the csw bundle about a week ago. Ordered late on Wed and everything arrived on Monday. 2 day fedex to east coast US. What you're describing sounds completely normal. No issues and completely satisfied on my end.

Btw if you shipped fedex sign up for delivery manager on their website for the delivery address. You'll get the tracking info much sooner.

That doesn't sound normal. You should immediately receive an order confirmation via email. The order should also appear in the 'Orders' section of your Fanatec account. If you don't see this, then it is likely that the transaction failed midway through the process, in which case you need to contact us via the contact form on the site (using the option 'I have a question about my order'). Then the sales team can check the transaction and refund your PayPal account so that you can try to place a new order.

Since I ordered Friday after hours, I thought it might take till the next business day for things to update on your guy's end. Just checked and nothing. I'll do what you recommended with the contact form

That doesn't sound normal. You should immediately receive an order confirmation via email. The order should also appear in the 'Orders' section of your Fanatec account. If you don't see this, then it is likely that the transaction failed midway through the process, in which case you need to contact us via the contact form on the site (using the option 'I have a question about my order'). Then the sales team can check the transaction and refund your PayPal account so that you can try to place a new order.

Form filled out and sent

Wanted to close the loop on this thread. I Reordered everything on the 21st, and it arrived 2-3 days later at my house. I'm very grateful everything worked out!

However, upon setting everything up, my pedals stopped working after a day and a half (my base still worked). I did a lot of troubleshooting including swapping out usb cables between the base and pedals (load cell module) to see if that was the issue. Nope, both bcables worked fine on the wheel base, with neither working for the pedals. Frustrated, I took off the load cell module and pedal.... and remounted the standard csl Elite module and brake pedal. The pedals started working again.

I think I troubleshooted it down to a faulty load cell module. Is there anything else I can troubleshoot?

I'm stoked I got everything in a timely manner, but I'm a little miffed' that the pedals (with the load cell module) stopped working so quickly

I'm sorry to hear about that. It sounds like you've narrowed it down to the electronics module correctly. Please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account and the team can help you.

Back