FANATEC Podium Racing Wheel F1® - officially licensed for PS4™

• Thread starter sma
  • 8 comments
From FANATEC's web site:

"Platforms:
  • PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PS4® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality include Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, and DiRT 4. All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible. For a complete list of compatible games please visit this site. This product is currently not certified for future PlayStation™ systems."
I don't know whether to believe this or not..

It works in a kind of CSLE compatibility mode i guess. At least at the beginning.
I cant imagine its fully supported in GTS from day one

So... Does anyone have this? I initially was going to purchase a CSL Elite about a year ago, but held off until all of the "kinks" had been worked out, and well, here I am a year later and still no wheel lol. I'd really love to hear any feedback on this - often times Gen1 products aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Planning on an early 2019 purchase of one or the other - insight appreciated!

So... Does anyone have this? I initially was going to purchase a CSL Elite about a year ago, but held off until all of the "kinks" had been worked out, and well, here I am a year later and still no wheel lol. I'd really love to hear any feedback on this - often times Gen1 products aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Planning on an early 2019 purchase of one or the other - insight appreciated!

It hasn't been released yet. It's only for pre-order right now. It wont be available until May 2019. So if you can hold off, I think you will be rewarded handsomely. Of course that just my opinion. But I do have the CSL Elite w/loadcell pedals and that setup is great.

Keith.

It hasn't been released yet. It's only for pre-order right now. It wont be available until May 2019. So if you can hold off, I think you will be rewarded handsomely. Of course that just my opinion. But I do have the CSL Elite w/loadcell pedals and that setup is great.

Keith.

Oh geez...I guess I missed that key piece of information about the release date lol.

So, given the opportunity would you give up your CSL Elite for the new release?

Oh geez...I guess I missed that key piece of information about the release date lol.

So, given the opportunity would you give up your CSL Elite for the new release?

Yes.

1. Direct Drive and not belt driven
2. Stronger motor
3. "Should" have better force feedback
4. Still compatible with other wheel rims

It should be able to everything the CSL Elite can do but should be better out of the box.

Keith.

Looks great, but I can’t justify spending the money for this while trying to pay off my mortgage 20 years early.

Back