Fanatec replacement belts

• Thread starter Mike_grpA
  • 11 comments
Australia
Tasmania, AU
stigsdaddy
Hey everyone

I was planning on upgrading my sim gear before this year's big racing titles come out, but as I have since decided to invest my tax return into a business venture, I find myself in the position of needing to fix my Fanatec CSR wheel instead, so that I can continue to use it in the short-term.

I've pulled the wheel apart, which was easy enough, and removed the offending belt. The issue is that the drive belt from the motor has become stretched slightly, so when you're racing, if the FFB spikes even slightly, or the wheel weights up in corners, the belt slips, making a popping sound as it skips teeth on it's cog. I was wondering if anyone here has replaced belts on these wheels, and if so, where did you find replacements, and if possible, could you point me in the right direction with a part number, or any other advice on where to find them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Hey everyone

I was planning on upgrading my sim gear before this year's big racing titles come out, but as I have since decided to invest my tax return into a business venture, I find myself in the position of needing to fix my Fanatec CSR wheel instead, so that I can continue to use it in the short-term.

I've pulled the wheel apart, which was easy enough, and removed the offending belt. The issue is that the drive belt from the motor has become stretched slightly, so when you're racing, if the FFB spikes even slightly, or the wheel weights up in corners, the belt slips, making a popping sound as it skips teeth on it's cog. I was wondering if anyone here has replaced belts on these wheels, and if so, where did you find replacements, and if possible, could you point me in the right direction with a part number, or any other advice on where to find them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

found this on ebay but it looks pretty expensive http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fanatec-GT2-GT3-PWTS-CSR-Set-of-Replacement-Belts-/222247181175

good luck on the replacement.

edit: this guy replaced his belt for $3.95 but doesn't say where he got them from http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/25530-fanatec-csr-wheel-drive-belt/

Thanks anyway but that's a mental price for used belts. Turns out I can get a replacement ordered in at my local Repco store, so I'll just do that. Cheers :)
When you change your belt, can you please document how it is done including pics. I need to replace the sensor under the belt pulley and have no idea how to do it. Thanks

When you change your belt, can you please document how it is done including pics. I need to replace the sensor under the belt pulley and have no idea how to do it. Thanks

Hey mate, sorry about the late reply, been moving house so I haven't had the 'net. Yeah I'll do that no prob

Just to update, I will still do a guide on dis/re-assembly when I get the belt, the thing is just going to take ages to arrive. I'll have a new wheel and rig by the time the belt arrives for the CSR, but I'm going to fix it anyway so it can be used for the old PS2 and PS3 I have set up in the garage.

Just to update, I will still do a guide on dis/re-assembly when I get the belt, the thing is just going to take ages to arrive. I'll have a new wheel and rig by the time the belt arrives for the CSR, but I'm going to fix it anyway so it can be used for the old PS2 and PS3 I have set up in the garage.
Thanks for that.

What are you getting?

Thanks for that.

What are you getting?

Looking at a CSL-E PS4 Edition + Formula Black rim, and buying a Next Level F1GT rig to mount it all to. The Mrs won't let me bring my home-made rig into the new house, because she says it's ugly (fair call) :lol:

Nice. I got the GTxtreme from them a few years ago but if I was buying now, the F1GT would be my first choice.

Nice. I got the GTxtreme from them a few years ago but if I was buying now, the F1GT would be my first choice.

Yeah a mate of mine has the extreme. It's not a bad rig, but the driving position is too upright for my tastes. Like the wheel is almost in my lap when I'm using it. If it was more adjustable it'd probably be the best bang for your buck rig to be honest, but I'm really picky about my driving position. For example: When I bought my current car, I found the seat was too high, and too upright, and the pedals too close to the wheel. So if I was far enough away from the pedals, then I'd be too far from the wheel to be comfortable. I remedied this by taking out the drivers seat, removing the base, and trimming the foam to make it more of a bucket. Then I re-fitted it, putting spacers under the front seat rail mounts to give it a rear lean. I then bought a HKB boss with airbag dummy harness from Japan so I could run an aftermarket dished wheel. With all of these changes I now sit lower and at a slight angle backward, with the wheel fairly close but the pedals far enough away that I can comfortably use them properly.

Latest Posts

Back