Fanatec Reveals New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel

For anyone who has had this wheel, what would you say are the "pros" and the major "cons" for you? The reviews I've seen on YouTube seems to be overall positive but figured I'd put the question out there to the community. I'm planning to get the McLaren GT3 V2 with a QR2 as my main wheel for my rig. This will be my intro to Fanatec system as I've decided to upgrade from a G29 to a DD+.

For anyone who has had this wheel, what would you say are the "pros" and the major "cons" for you? The reviews I've seen on YouTube seems to be overall positive but figured I'd put the question out there to the community. I'm planning to get the McLaren GT3 V2 with a QR2 as my main wheel for my rig. This will be my intro to Fanatec system as I've decided to upgrade from a G29 to a DD+.
I've had my wheel for 18 months now and the only con for me was the paddles. They never felt comfortable to use so I modded them with the SimMakerz paddles and for me it's perfect. Yes it's a plastic construction but I've not had any issues due to that. Using it with QR2 now and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately you can't map the encoders for GT7 but that's the fault of the game not the wheel, everything is assignable in ACC.

The only major con I can think of is the lack of shift light leds. I play on an OLED TV so I have all the HUD on screen disabled to prevent burn in. However ever since I discovered simhub it’s not a big deal anymore since I now have a tablet showing all the info I need including tach and shift lights. The shifters are magnetic and feel great to me but I can only compare it to the G29 and GT DD wheel shifters.

IMG_8334.jpeg

Does the stock paddles have a "clicky" feel to them?
Not really, they are magnetic but it's more of a dull thud than a click if you get what I mean. And the paddles move quite a distance on shifts so didn't feel responsive enough for my liking. The mod I've done is the opposite, positive click and smaller movement.

Attachments

• PXL_20231027_172023401.jpg
    PXL_20231027_172023401.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Not really, they are magnetic but it's more of a dull thud than a click if you get what I mean. And the paddles move quite a distance on shifts so didn't feel responsive enough for my liking. The mod I've done is the opposite, positive click and smaller movement.
Good to know that's an option. Thanks for the feedback!

Back