FANATEC STRANGE FEELING!! FiX??

• Thread starter dejkoo
  • 2 comments
Slovenia
Slovenia
Hello!!
My csl elite ps4 DRIVER LASTES 373
AND raccomanded Fanatec settings {GT SPORT,.DIRT RALLY 2.0) . Everything was perfect till few days ago, while I was driving normally the wheel suddenly lost power in the forcefeedback in corners, low vibrate on straights, and when in corners seemed like the belts jerked. I also noticed that it seems not to have the smooth and quite operation then before. When I turn the wheel I hear and feel a gear/belt rotation sound wich I don't remember before.

I also tried to reinstall and update everything but with no luck.
I TRY 10 different drivers but not good. Afzer updating and trying different drivers wheel feel always the same. Wheel feel really hard and pulling amd jave sone fast moves. I dont have feel too road and car doesnt hsve grip. Itss impossible to race..
ANY SOLUTION WOULD BE FINE

It is common for the base to feel different after a firmware update, because the Tuning Menu settings are always reset to default. There are sometimes small motor driver changes that improve/refine the FFB response, so this can also make it feel different. But losing power in the middle of a corner is not something that would be caused by a firmware update. From the way you've described the order of events, it sounds like there may have been a hardware issue that happened some time after the firmware update and was not related. Please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

I
Hello!!
My csl elite ps4 DRIVER LASTES 373
AND raccomanded Fanatec settings {GT SPORT,.DIRT RALLY 2.0) . Everything was perfect till few days ago, while I was driving normally the wheel suddenly lost power in the forcefeedback in corners, low vibrate on straights, and when in corners seemed like the belts jerked. I also noticed that it seems not to have the smooth and quite operation then before. When I turn the wheel I hear and feel a gear/belt rotation sound wich I don't remember before.

I also tried to reinstall and update everything but with no luck.
I TRY 10 different drivers but not good. Afzer updating and trying different drivers wheel feel always the same. Wheel feel really hard and pulling amd jave sone fast moves. I dont have feel too road and car doesnt hsve grip. Itss impossible to race..
ANY SOLUTION WOULD BE FINE

I also did the driver and firmware update for my Fanatec stuff and it too went all weird. Not quite the issues you are having but I lost a lot of cornering feel especially understeer and the transition to and from understeer. It was quite off putting as certain older and less grip cars that I was very use to sudden felt alien and disconnected from the wheel. not all sensations changed as running over kerbs and weigh transitions felt basically the same.. it was mainly the understeer information that was gone. The wheel feedback was feeling like the tyre was loading up and gripping but in reality it was sliding across the track surface which just felt awful and wooden. Couldn't really find a solution on the webs but I ended managing to re-tune to ffb settings to a point where it's kinda similar to what I had before the update but not as pronounced. I can now feel the understeer but the wheel gives more of an impression of grip before the understeer effect comes on. It's definitely not the same and the settings I am now using also kinda don't make sense as to what it was set previously. It's almost like waking up and your wife has gone from speaking English to Geordie which is very difficult to understand.. silly analogy but it's kinda true!

Back