Fanatec users!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hallitrd
  • 18 comments
  • 9,804 views
Messages
435
Iceland
Iceland
Hello

Today my CSL ELITE wheel arrived, but I have two question.

As can be seen here, there is a yellow piece made of rubber, to provide more brake resistance. It came as standard with the brakes. So, do I have to order the black rubber especially, because it's not in the package with the pedals?
The purpose of black rubber piece is just to prevent that that brake pedal going steel to steel when fully pushed, but not for any brake pedal resistance.


My other question is about the O-ring that came with the wheel. Is it for spare? If not, where to put it?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
You only get the rubber one when ordering the loadcell pedal so the rubber makes the old brake pedal a clutch. Foam is all you get with the normal pedals. I think the o-ring is a spare or something for the mountable shift paddels. Like the four extra rings i also wondered where they are used :)
 
Yeah I see.

The thing is, I bought used CLS wheel from a guy, but the wheel had some connection issues with it. I was able to return the wheel to the guy, but with the used wheel I had that black rubber piece.
So my thought was just that I had lost the rubber while assemble the new wheel or some fail from Fanatec putting it in the box.

As you say about that O ring, it's probably for spare.

Thanks for your quick respond!
 
From my understanding it's not recommended to use it without the missing rubber stopper. (Too much travel for potentiometer?)
Anyway, the foam will get softer after using it.
 
That foam piece is pretty stiff, but I will try it out. Worst case scenario, I will modify the yellow piece, if I think it's totally unusable.
 
20180303_102526%20(2).jpg
I have the Fanatec load cell pedals. I replaced one of the rubber pieces in the brake pedal with Delrin. I wanted max brake pressure with less effort, its like I have power brakes now, its Fantastic!!! You will enjoy your CSL but get ready to hate it if you are switching to the wheel after using the DSL. It took me a good 2 weeks of racing daily to finally get my speed back, but now I am faster and far more precise. It is way more fun too!!
 
Last edited:
It says in manual the foam piece on the loadcell is required but i an curious why. I tested putting one of the hard rubber things in place of it to get a stiffer pedal and it works fine but i wonder if its dangerous somehow...
 
It says in manual the foam piece on the loadcell is required but i an curious why. I tested putting one of the hard rubber things in place of it to get a stiffer pedal and it works fine but i wonder if its dangerous somehow...

I didnt get any extra rubber things with my Fanatec load cell pedal set, only the white foam or rubber pieces that were already installed in it. I replaced 1 of the 2 white foam or rubber bits with Delrin to stiffen my pedal, I didnt want to have to use so much pedal effort.
 
Important Info!!

Just found out a new Driver and Firmware on Fanatec Syte : Driver Version 310!

Any idea what the date on the new software is? I don't think Fanatec puts dates on them unfortunately, even if you know the new version is i.e. 3.10 I have not seen anyplace that tells you what version you currently have installed on your Fanatec like GT-S does.

Have you installed it yet? If so do notice changes??
 
If the update, then why hasn't Thomas posted on his blog ?
Your current settings - update will show up on starting the wheel
I.e. mine shows 318
 
If the update, then why hasn't Thomas posted on his blog ?
Your current settings - update will show up on starting the wheel
I.e. mine shows 318

So I will see 3.18 on my wheel rim appear if I have that version? Otherwise it will probably say 3.17 on the rim?
 
I took out that yellow piece of foam. It's WAY too difficult to push down the brake to 100% with that thing. And no, my legs aren't weak.
To me it is the opposite, I find it too soft.That's why I do not use these pedals.
 
I only use the 2 pedal setup even though I've got the load cell (Mainly due to the effect it has on the BoP test I'm doing). I am not using the rubber piece and just have the black piece that comes with the loadcell instead. To get 100% on the pedal the pedal still has to travel 100% of the way I'm finding. The only thing I do find is that 100 to 50 is spiky, but I've not tried it with it in so can't comment. I find the spring, strength wise is good enough but hey I'm one of those weirdos apparently that like that haha! Going to do a video on why it's better for me at some point..
 
I think this update has most to do with the release of the mclaren steering wheel


Exactly!! I received that information directly from FANATEC trough Facebook Messenger!!!
 
FANATEC users, just curious if anyone has experienced throttle pedal issues in cold weather. During the winter (my house temperature is 63F / 17C) my throttle pedal would either not function or would be on/off with no half throttle response. I solved the problem by warming it with a hair dryer and it worked fine. Now the weather is warmer I don't have the problem but just wondered if anyone else had the issue.
 
FANATEC users, just curious if anyone has experienced throttle pedal issues in cold weather. During the winter (my house temperature is 63F / 17C) my throttle pedal would either not function or would be on/off with no half throttle response. I solved the problem by warming it with a hair dryer and it worked fine. Now the weather is warmer I don't have the problem but just wondered if anyone else had the issue.


No issue.. on that field...
 
Back