Fanatec v T500rs

• Thread starter Beliall
  • 13 comments
Beliall / Beliall X (360)
Beliall X
hello there, long time no post.

Its been a long time since i regularly visited these forums, but this is the first place i could think to come to for solid advice, i hope you can assist me.

when i last raced i was playing GT5 with a Fanatec 911 GT3 rs wheel that i adored, that set up was amazing, but when my daughter was born i put the wheel away for a few years and alas, when i returned it had been damaged beyong repair. i replaced it with a G29, which is decent but its no fanatec.

I recently purchased Pcars 2 and Forza 7, and i want a good wheel to pair with those games, and looking at the fanatec site the CSL wheels seem to be the replacement for the old 911 series, but i have always quite fancied a t500 rs as i heard good things about its dual belt drive. im hoping you guys can drop some knowledge on me and help catch me up on the last few years of wheel tech.

many thanks in advance.

PS is it possible to attach g29 pedals to a fanate wheel via adapter, like some poeple did with g27 pedals.

Just get the CSL Elite. I used to own a t500, then moved to t300 and finally ended up buying the CSL Elite. T500 is a good wheel but the technology inside is getting pretty old.. It's stronger than t300 but the ffb is not as smooth and detailed. CSL Elite is stronger and smoother than either of them, just better in pretty much every way.

Thanks for the reply mate, and you have played Pcars 2 or forza with the CSL wheel?

Hi super GT, i play on PC mainly, but i may get GT sport on PS4 sometime in the future, should i get it back from the kids, so i opted for the Fanatec CSL wheel based on that and the advice of ojgt. The newer tech and the fact my last fanatec was so good made it a simpler decision, thank you

I used to own a T500RS before I got a Fanatec CSW V2. CSLE 100%. No contest. T500RS has lots of power and will wow you for the first month or so... but after that you start to get annoyed with the notchy feeling and comparatively imprecise feedback. The real dagger though isn't even the wheel base. There isn't a "huge" difference between the T500RS and Fanatec wheels... but in terms of pedals... it is night and day. CSLE/LC or CSP v3 pedals (w/damper) will be vastly superior to what comes with any TM wheel.

yeah well for the money i would expect the clubsport pedals to piss all over anything. I cant afford all that though so its the CSL "budget" pack for me.

yeah well for the money i would expect the clubsport pedals to piss all over anything. I cant afford all that though so its the CSL "budget" pack for me.
The CSL Elite pedals (with the Load cell) are still excellent :)

cool, glad to hear it, i really like the G29 pedals though. last time i had a fanatec wheel i had the basic porsche pedals lol

cool, glad to hear it, i really like the G29 pedals though. last time i had a fanatec wheel i had the basic porsche pedals lol
I'm considering upgrading to the CSL elite from a G29. Is the detail in force feedback better? Can you feel the grip of the tires better? Because of the cogging the G29 I can't feel the exact point when grip is lost. I tested this by racing without sound. So I discovered I always managed to save because of the tire sound.

I'm considering upgrading to the CSL elite from a G29. Is the detail in force feedback better? Can you feel the grip of the tires better? Because of the cogging the G29 I can't feel the exact point when grip is lost. I tested this by racing without sound. So I discovered I always managed to save because of the tire sound.
By far better. I went from a G27 to a T300 and could feel the difference. From the T300, I went to the CSW V2.5, which the CSL Elite uses the same motor, and the smoothness and strength difference is insane. You will feel a lot of stuff and you will feel the smoothness of it all.

One mention: GT Sport is not perfect for feeling the tires lose grip. Games like PCars 2 and Assetto will give you a better sense of "lightness" in the steering wheel when you lose grip. That's one place where the FFB could be improved for GT Sport.

By far better. I went from a G27 to a T300 and could feel the difference. From the T300, I went to the CSW V2.5, which the CSL Elite uses the same motor, and the smoothness and strength difference is insane. You will feel a lot of stuff and you will feel the smoothness of it all.

One mention: GT Sport is not perfect for feeling the tires lose grip. Games like PCars 2 and Assetto will give you a better sense of "lightness" in the steering wheel when you lose grip. That's one place where the FFB could be improved for GT Sport.
From the first impression I've seen, I think GT sport incorporated grip loss in the TGT depth feedback system. I'm curious how this "transducer" translates the information given by the game. That might be the reason the FFB with other wheels seem quite "dead" compared to AC and PC2. In those game you get some rumble with road bumps and loosing grip. Doesn't feel really realistic. Just had a drive in my (real) car and I can imagine how the tgt might replicate roadfeel much more detailed then just rumble. In real life you feel road detail through the column and the seat of course. The feeling you get from PC just feels to artificial in PC2.

But it also could just be a useless gimmick... I'm gonna wait till the first reviews come in. The CLS with LC pedals and formula rim are very tempting though...

Back