Fanatec wheel settings for F1 2013 PS3

• Thread starter ultimate
  • 6 comments
Hey

for Fanatec owners who use their wheel and pedals on PS3, please share your feedback and settings

i am currently testing my wheel and pedals, Clubsport Wheel Base with F1 rim + CSR-Elite Pedals

what i found:

above the matter of personal preference, the thing is
what do you really want more realistic or being faster?
i believe we are all looking for best compromise between realism and efficiency
here my finds to help further racers who will own Fanatec stuff

Pedals

put these figures in-game settings:

Brake Deadzone: 2
Brake Saturation: 10
Codemasters themselves recommends if you are using Loadcell pedals such as Clubsport Pedals or CSR-Elite Pedals

Throttle Saturation: 5 (personal preference, feel free to try any value)

i find myself on my CSR-E Pedals, throttle pedal misses a lack of stiffness
therefore, i loosen the second bolt to the spring as you can see on below picture
81466745.jpg

Throttle pedal will make little stiffer, not very much indeed but better than nothing
other tweak i heard about: invert clutch pedal which is way stiffer and throttle pedals
i think you need to dismount entire pedal's base and it requires some caution in order to avoid malfunctions after mounting

in game settings

Many of those settings will artificially distort the rendering of wheel effects and add unrealistic feelings fi you tend to

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Saturation: 0
Steering Linearity: 0

Force Feedback ON
Environmental Effects: 0
Force Feedback:100
Wheel Weight: 100

these settings have been based on personal preference.
as you can notice, these values have been lower than usual settings that you could see somewhere else
its mainly due to my driving style, i hate having some strong artificial effects like EE

Fanatec wheel settings

before introducing my own settings, i put here some good explanations from Fanatec (too bad they only made a poor quickguide for such high premium price products)

S_1 (Setup 1-5)
You can select and store up to 5 different setups directly inside the tuning menu of your wheel.

SEN (default = 900)
The sensitivity/wheel angle can be changed from 900° to 90° according to your needs. If SEN is set to "OFF" the PC Driver or the PS3 can directly set the value which is used by some games (Codemasters F1, GT5, ...)

FF (default = 100)
The maximum strength of the Force Feedback motors can be adjusted from 100-0% in steps of 10%.

SHO (default = 100)
The strength of the shock/vibration motors inside the wheel rim can be adjusted from 100-0%. These vibration motors can be used by a game directly (Fanatec SDK) or by the ABS function.

ABS (default = OFF)
This feature can give you a direct and feel-able feedback about your brake inputs. If you set the value to 100 the vibration will start as soon as you give 100% brake input to the game. If you set it to 95% the vibration will start if you push the brake to 95% or more. The ABS feature uses the vibration within your wheel rim (can be turned off by settin SHO to "0") AND the vibration motor on a CSP (V2) pedal set if it is connected directly to the wheel - not individually by USB.

LIN (default = OFF)
The linearity value can modify the steering input of your wheel. Set to "OFF" transfers the steering signals 100% linear to the game. If you raise the value the wheel will have reduced sensitivity in the wheel center. Using this feature you could control the wheel extremely precise while driving on straights (like in SEN 900° mode) even if you want to reach the maximum steering already at 180° (SEN 360°).

DEA (default = OFF)
Some games do expect a racing wheel to have some deadzone in the middle which is not present of Fanatec wheels. But using this feature you could manually add a deadzone of your preferred size. The Value can be set from OFF to 100%.

DRI (default = OFF)
The "Drift Mode" reduces the overal resistance of the wheel and let you turn the wheel more easy. It almost works like a power steering. It reduces the basic dampening of the wheel and makes the wheel turn faster. If the values is set too high (or if the games FFB interferes with this feature) you might experience some oscillation. If that happens - reduce the value or turn DRI "OFF" again.

FOR / SPR / DPR (default = 100)
These Force Feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the Force Feedback Signals of a game. In theory there are 3 types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the wheel into a special direction), spring (pulls the wheel towards the center) and damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning menu in the CSW you can increase or reduce these different effects individually.

Please do only set these values higher than 100% if the Force Feedback effects are clearly not strong enough and weaker in comparison to other games. Pushing up one value to a very high number or even raising multiple values will result in higher load on the motors and increased heat development.

All settings can be cleared and set to default by opening the tuning menu and then pressing and holding the tuning menu button for 10 seconds. The wheel will show "rSt" when the settings are reset.

SEN: 330
PERSONAL SETTING

you may know F1 wheel has 270 degrees of rotation
by default, game will lock it at this value.
Fanatec allows you to put whatever value you want.
I find 330 quite comfortable. Best values are between 270 (default), 320 and 330.

FF:100
MAJOR SETTING

let it at maximum, if you find it quite strong, set it lower through in game settings like weight of wheel
i recommend you to leave it at 100.

SHO: 100
PERSONAL SETTING

I let this enabled, feel free to put it off

ABS: 100 (Codemasters recommends to use either 85 or disable it) PERSONAL SETTING
I let this enabled to 100

LIN: off
MAJOR SETTING

DEA: off
DRI: off

FOR: 100 OFF
After testing, i put it off since it does not feel necessary to have it enabled

SPR: 100
MAJOR SETTING

That's resistance you will need to put wheel back to the center. higher value will make you slower in term of performance and make wheel very harch to turn back to center

DPR: 100 OFF
Same as For setting

70-100 are basically good balance as value.
i set it all to 100

feel free to share you own settings, i cannot say my settings are either good or match for others racers.

by the way i tried numerous settings until i found this on Austin, great track to test wheel and pedals settings, long and fast kerbs, slow corners, chicanes...

my own setting is based on FMW's setting
firstly i simply copied and pasted his setting.
on the beginning i found it much better than mine (only in game setups)
after spent couple hours to figure out which is the most suitable setting for me, i tried to lower many of his setting like FFB, SEN (SEN:270, FFB:70, SPR, DPR, FOR: 70-700)
wheel felt lighter, you could turn wheel faster even if it sometimes too responsiveness
i eventually found FMW's setting too strong
it feels more realistic with more resistance although you will get exhaustive by turning wheel with higher FFB on these settings
step by step, i tried every specific setting, some of it doesn't not interfere much, some does.

i would thanks him after finding his related post in F1 2012 section that you can find over there
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f1-2012-wheel-settins.264184/page-2

another great explanations over there
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...!33147&cid=d2279b6a0445117f&app=WordPdf&wdo=2

Last edited:
Cheers, I spend a couple of days tweaking around with the wheel and here's my settings for the CSR that work best for now, please note that i mainly set this up with the 80's-90's classics, so small adjustments might be needed for the 2013 F1's:

Wheel:

Sen: 320
FF: 70
Sho: 100
Dri: OFF
ABS: OFF
Lin: 000
Dea: 000
Spri: -2
Dpr: -3

In game advanced wheel settings, everything 0 apart from Brake saturation which i put on 12%
FFB options:

Environmental: 50%
Feedback strength: 100%
Wheel weight: 50%

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Mister dog, i ve updated my post
you should leave FF at 100 from wheel settings and adjust it in in-game settings in order to avoid clipping

Sonac (the owner of this website) did a benchmark test on some racing wheels including the CSR Elite a while back. What he found was that using any on wheel FFB setting less than 100 does not give you linear FFB. What it does is clip the maximum FFB at whatever your setting is. So what you get is the same FFB as 100 up to whatever you have set on the wheel, but then it just cuts off at that setting. So you are losing some FFB effects because they are clipped.
I quoted it from f-wheel

Anyone try the new firmware on their CSW's yet? Notice any difference in feel on your PS3's?

Hello there,

There is anyone with a new settings for Fanatec Wheel? I'm using Fanatece Forza with xbox 360.

Also, there is another place to find that kind of settings?

Tks

Latest Posts

Back