Fanatec Wheel Settings - Please help!

Canada
Canada
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for the best wheel settings for my wheel set-up, and have searched the forum quite a bit. I have been using some settings found on videos and some threads in the forum but it is still really but it still responds so badly. I was Racing on F1 and had no issues will all assists off, but with Forza its just awful. The car can't make a turn at 30 mph with out losing total control.

I have the Fanatec XBOX Competition set-up (CSW v2.5, CSL Elite P1 Wheel, and CSL Elite Pedals)

Can anyone provide me their Fanatec ClubSport wheelbase/CSL Elite P1 wheel settings and their settings in the game?! Any help would be great as I am desperately wanting to play this game (Just built my first race rig..), but currently its not possible with assists totally off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Normal or simulation steering? I had the same problem recently (Logitech G920) and discovered it was because I was using simulation steering. I switched to normal and haven't looked back, even managing to top a number of hardcore leaderboards.

If you're on Xbox know that the game defaults to 540 degrees of rotation. Go to the controller settings and press X to get to advanced. Scroll down to degrees of rotation and set it to max. You can also try lowering the linearity a bit so the input is less sensitive around dead center. Try a setting of 40 to start. I wouldn't go lower than 35 here. If you haven't done so yet I would also set all the deadzones to 0 inside and 100 outside while you're at it. Let us know if that helps and we can go from there.
Normal or simulation steering? I had the same problem recently (Logitech G920) and discovered it was because I was using simulation steering. I switched to normal and haven't looked back, even managing to top a number of hardcore leaderboards.
I'm a top 100 driver who uses simulation steering with the G920. It all depends on the person. I personally can't stand the buffered input with normal steering. It also feels like I can't turn the wheel further than 90 degrees in any direction without breaking the limits of the tire friction with normal steering at any speed.

First off thank you for the quick response and all of the help. I have adjusted to those settings and it has helped a great deal. I am still not where I want to be but its usable. I have tinkered around with some settings from there but I am still trying to find the sweet spot.

I am using normal steering to answer the previous question, as simulation steering prevents me from recovering a slide right now which I believe is due to settings.

I will continue to adjust and post my settings to see if there is anything you think I should adjust.

Thanks again!

First off thank you for the quick response and all of the help. I have adjusted to those settings and it has helped a great deal. I am still not where I want to be but its usable. I have tinkered around with some settings from there but I am still trying to find the sweet spot.

I am using normal steering to answer the previous question, as simulation steering prevents me from recovering a slide right now which I believe is due to settings.

I will continue to adjust and post my settings to see if there is anything you think I should adjust.

Thanks again!
Insider tip: If the car oversteers, use "Normal" steering. If it understeers, use "Simulation".

Also you'll find that simulation makes it significantly harder to recover any oversteer.
There is a buffer on normal, but I find as long as you're used to it, it won't bother you, and normal makes most cars handle more realistically.
Simulation can really help turn-in on understeering cars, so that's not something to forget.

I adjust my steering rotation between 710-900 degrees, and linearity between 42-55, to suit some cars. Once you're used to settings changes it only takes a few seconds, and can be done on the pause menu of a race if need be.

Please take note that when using a Fanatec wheel on XB1 in Xbox mode (green ring around the power button) you must lower the FF in the tuning menu, as for some reason the force is amplified and will cause extreme clipping if your using a high value.
Start with ingame FFB scale set to 100 and FF on the wheel at ~25-30 and adjust from there.

My baseline settings ingame for racing and hotlaping are as follows
Vibration 0 (I personall don't like the vibration feedback as it triggered from the both front and rear wheels)
FFB scale 100
FFB understeer 60
FFB Minimum 100
Spring 20
Damper 0
Linearity 50

PS thanks for the plug @PzR Slim

Back