Fanatec Wheel Support for FH5

• Thread starter Roots57
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
So My entire Fanatec package doesn't seem to be recognized by the game, every time I try to map something a pop-up says "device disconnected", wtf? I have a 3080 Ti, DD1, and Clubsport pedals, anyone been able to map these yet?

Not sure how helpful this is, but my CSL Elite is recognised by the game. Maybe worth checking if there's a driver update on the Fanatec site?

For the DD wheels you have to use compatibility mode to have the game recognize the wheel and be able to map any buttons. On the Fanatec forums people are saying you need older drivers to stop the game from crashing, for me with the newest drivers installed the game will crash after every event, but if I drive around without doing races it seems to work fine for a while. The beta 356 versions of the drivers have been reported to work though I'm personally wary of installing such old drivers.

Ok, I'll try it, but how do I put my DD1 into Compatability Mode, can't figure that out so far? And how does the game feel with a full sim setup? Does anyone have any feedback yet?

Ok, I'll try it, but how do I put my DD1 into Compatability Mode, can't figure that out so far? And how does the game feel with a full sim setup? Does anyone have any feedback yet?
You’ll have to check your specific wheels manual, for the PBME it’s holding the top button on the right and the bottom button on the left at the same time for example. In the manual it should be called something like ‘wheel base modes’

As for how it feels, pretty good when it is working. I use fanatecs recommended settings but lower the FFB to 32 (makes it 8nm on the DD2) since the game would randomly full lock my wheel during the intro bits, hasn’t done it since those intros but I’m not interested in ripping my thumbs off and 8nm feels good for street cars anyway.

As for how it feels, pretty good when it is working. I use fanatecs recommended settings but lower the FFB to 32 (makes it 8nm on the DD2) since the game would randomly full lock my wheel during the intro bits, hasn’t done it since those intros but I’m not interested in ripping my thumbs off and 8nm feels good for street cars anyway.
I'm also a bit curious how it feels on a wheel. Is it similar to something like F1 2020/2021? (Or is it hard to compare maybe?)
Do the different type of cars feel very different on the wheel, with regards to weight transfer and such, or isn't it that advanced?

I'm also a bit curious how it feels on a wheel. Is it similar to something like F1 2020/2021? (Or is it hard to compare maybe?)
Do the different type of cars feel very different on the wheel, with regards to weight transfer and such, or isn't it that advanced?
I use the F1 2020 wheel with the F1 games and a Porsche endurance wheel with Horizon so comparing the two isn't super relevant mostly because of the weight and size difference between the physical wheels I use.
As for the cars, I noticed a difference myself, and I'm not that good at driving tbh, something like the NSX GT feels pretty well connected and direct especially compared to a rally raid car, I drove the Macan RR first thing the other day after having not played for a while and thought the game broke something since it was floaty and odd feeling, only later thinking it might be a difference in the cars, switched back to the NSX since I had an idea how it handled from before and it was just as connected as earlier so there was definitely a difference even I could pick up on.

Back