Fast Lap replay tip

Canada
Montreal
When they added the ability to watch fast lap replays for the top 10 rankings, I was really happy... until I realized they were not the most useful.
The default replay settings are terrible for learning anything... the camera angles are useless and no timing information is displayed. This can be improved by changing the replay options to have variable camera (to have less "artsy" angles) and display all for the race info will add the track map. We still have to use the live timing screen to get the sector times which is rather annoying -- they should be visible from the ranking screen without having to load the replay.

What I just discovered a few minutes ago, which is not documented in the manual (nor anywhere else that I know of) is the R1 button controls the POV! In other words, we can select preferred forward-facing view and get to see the driving line taken for the whole lap.

Last edited:
You can use the assigned button to change view while racing to change the view in replay mode.

Setting the race info to "display all" and pressing "circle" allows you to see the speed and gear information plus the throttle, brake, and steering inputs form the replay.

Took me a while to figure that out, so I'll share in case anyone else was wondering.

Is there a bug with the loading of fastest lap ghosts?

On Yamagiwa when I go to select a ghost the list is really long, with loads of laps from the Audi TTS (set during that second week of dailies when they switched to the every day format).

I don't need that many, so I go to my replay library to delete them, only they aren't there?!

I have lots of race replays saved, but no fastest lap replays.

No. In case that was a misunderstanding of my previous post, I was talking about my own lap ghosts. There are too many and I can't delete them as the replays dont exist.

Back