Faster Top Speed?

• Thread starter NegSpec13
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
Dundee
Hi

Is it possible to get a faster top speed just by tuning my car? I'm used to Forza where I can upgrade the car to achieve this but obviously that's not possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

Is it possible to get a faster top speed just by tuning my car? I'm used to Forza where I can upgrade the car to achieve this but obviously that's not possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
in short, yes, speed through tuning. if you don't want to go massively in depth you could start by raising the final drive gear slider and put less fuel in for sure. do some practise laps and work out how much fuel you need per lap and take some out the tank; the default is pretty high, especially for qualifying. then everything else comes down to grip/downforce/top speed/stability... it goes on.

It also depends on the car. Some cars do not have an adjustable final drive nor downforce so you are not going to get much there, some may even have a gear that is high enough as to not be able to reach the top of it. In those cases the only tuning that will increase you top speed is being able to pull more speed through the corners through tuning tire pressures, suspension and such.

In the case of race cars there are more options. More gearing choices and of course adjustable downforce less downforce=higher top speed but less grip in corners.

You'll never be able to do some of what you could do in Forza like making a 300hp car have over 1000 hp and do 200+ mph

increase gearing , increase boost , decrease downforce, decrease fuel load = higher top speed :D
And close the brake ducts and radiator opening. Higher tyre pressures also mean less drag and finally Lower your ride height. Increased gearing is only necessary if you hit the limiter

And close the brake ducts and radiator opening. Higher tyre pressures also mean less drag and finally Lower your ride height. Increased gearing is only necessary if you hit the limiter
Not really, it depends on the car and where the power is attained some cars can go faster with a higher gear even if they never touch the rev limiter as some may build max power well before the top of the rpm scale.

Back