Faster with playseat

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 9 comments
Simcoeace
Since buying a Playseat Evo, I have been revisiting F1CE & started a new WC season in a Ferrari. Qualified on pole for the first 5 races. Won 3, had engine failure at Melbourne :grumpy: & clipped a wheel off while leading at Nurburgring. :ouch:

The interesting thing I have noticed, is that I am clipping big chunks of time off my old PBs, without too much effort. I'm starting to think it is the fact of being slung in the Playseat (G25) rather than sitting at a desk that is making the difference. Anyone else experienced this?

(I'm not noticeably faster in GT5P or FC.)

Well, I know I would be, because I sit in the sofa with a low table to put my wheel on so that my knees nearly hit the wheel. Not very comfy, not very stable, but still fun! :)

I haven't noticed being any faster with my playseat, but I think I'm more consistant and can drive fast for longer in comfort.

More good news! Actually managed to finish a race , (no restarts allowed in this WC) in the points at Catalunya! :cheers:

Next test: MONACO! (Already posted a new PB in practice).

The bottom line for me, is that the Playseat Evo is a very worthwhile investment: looks very good (I think better than any other comparable cockpit, because it's very simple & streamlined), it's very comfortable (I have added a bolster in the small of the back which makes a big difference IMO), & it definitely adds to the immersion factor (particularly with F1 racing).

I was a bit sceptical before buying, but I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about purchasing. 👍

Here's a question, can the shifter be attached to either side of the seat? Given that I'm in the UK, i've always been used to driving with the gear stick on my left. I take it this can be done with the playseat? My other two worries are A - the price and B - I would have to use a different desk to put my TV on as I think the current one would be a bit too high. Did you have to change the level your TV was at when you switched to the raceseat, Biggles?

is it solid and stable? Sturdy?

Yes. There is some flexing of the frame when you're yanking the wheel around, but not disturbing - the vibration from the FFB feels like the "car" vibrating.

Here's a question, can the shifter be attached to either side of the seat?

Yes, with the additional shifter-holder.

Did you have to change the level your TV was at when you switched to the raceseat, Biggles?

Prior to getting the Playseat I played in my home office, on a 19" HDTV sitting on a desk directly behind the wheel unit. Since getting the Playseat I play in my basement in front of a 37" HDTV with the pedal unit of the Playseat immediately in front of the screen, so the set-ups are completely different. Ideally, the TV should be lower when you're using a Playseat, since you're sitting much closer to the ground.

I like the fact that the Playseat is compact & quite light - it's easy to slide it out of the way when you're not using it. I don't think it's expensive for what it offers, however, I have to admit that the new house I bought to accommodate my new set-up because my wife really liked it, added about 300,000% to the actual cost of the Playseat! :dopey:

HI Biggles!

Where did you buy your playseat in Canada? Smoketronics is the only place I have found it available in Canada. Getting itchy to buy a seat!

My playseat arrived!

And I found the shifter mystery screws too!:dopey:

Last edited:
Back