Fastest car in GT5 Prologue

• Thread starter Ives3789
  • 12 comments
Howdy,

Just wondering if the 599 GTB would be faster than Nissan GT-R?

I have tried most of the cars but I havent tried the 599GTB cos I dont have the patient to save up for 33,000,000 cr. I'm getting close though.....

My 2 fav cars are the Nissan GT-R and F430.

The fastest cars in a straight line (Daytona) seem to be the Vette and the 599. Around a track I'm not so sure, but I'd rate the F430 and the R8 pretty high.

R8 can't compete as fastest around the track, just doesnt have the power, GTR and F430 are pretty close. GTR has it on the tighter track Eiger, on Suzuka and Fuji I think the 430 has it.

Best way to find out is check the rankings laptimes.

599 is fast. I've tried it on Daytona, I think it could be faster than the GTR but I haven't really tested to compare. I've stopped driving it lately.

I prefer these four fast cars in the game.

R34 GTR - strong, stable, powerfull. Intimidating. In professional mode, its easy to drive fast.
F430 - Best looking of the bunch and fast! In professional mode, its carves corners like a sharp blade, balanced around the corner when it starts sliding, but if you are not careful it can bite you.
R8 - stable at high speed and cornering. In professional mode, it's easiest of these four to drive.
Vette - a beast. Lots of power and engine grawl. In professional mode, it puts down a lot of power and can easily bring the rear end around on command from your throttle input.

The 599 or the GTR, the problem is the 599 is much harder to drive with every thing off.

599 is fast. I've tried it on Daytona, I think it could be faster than the GTR but I haven't really tested to compare. I've stopped driving it lately.

I prefer these four fast cars in the game.

R34 GTR - strong, stable, powerfull. Intimidating. In professional mode, its easy to drive fast.
F430 - Best looking of the bunch and fast! In professional mode, its carves corners like a sharp blade, balanced around the corner when it starts sliding, but if you are not careful it can bite you.
R8 - stable at high speed and cornering. In professional mode, it's easiest of these four to drive.
Vette - a beast. Lots of power and engine grawl. In professional mode, it puts down a lot of power and can easily bring the rear end around on command from your throttle input.

Great quick impression of these cars, I feel the same. 👍

Though I notice at medium to high speeds the Audi R8 has some on-throttle understeer that it doesnt seem to have at lower speeds, but yes easiest car to drive and still very rewarding.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the R35 GT-R is really heavy and oversteers a lot in sweeping corners? Its tail seems to wanna step out a lot through long sweepers, especially on pro mode with S tires. I feel like I'm wrestling with the weight of the car a lot of the time.

At first I thought it's because of the weight distribution, but then I remembered the GT-R still has a slight nose-heavy balance (in real life anyway). It almost feels like the weight is in the mid-rear of the car, like the R8, which does the same thing through long corners (think London track's long sweeper). Then I remembered reading that the real life GT-R sends all power to the rear wheels most of the time and only to the front when it loses grip. Could the game be simulating this torque-sending effect? I would like to think so, since the GT5 team spent most of their time consulting Nissan test drivers for physics modelling accuracy.

You just can't chuck the GT-R around. It'll bite. Treat it with respect, time your braking and carve out a clean line, and it's devastating.

when trying to beat S4 I tested lots of cars.

Vette, GTR, 430 and 599.

Suzuka, I thought the 430 would be the best to handle but in the end the 599 was much quicker.

I think its the fastest car in the game and its also the most expensive.

I'm pretty sure that the last time I checked the rankings in both suzuka and daytona road course the R35 had the best times by quite a margin, especially in professional simulation mode; I haven't driven much the vette and the audi but while in pro mode the Ferraris are much harder than in normal mode, the R35 GTR is just a lot more forviging and it gives you much more confidence.
It was a bit of a a surprise at first, just how fast this car was, but after reading some reviews and tests of the real car, maybe this is not just cause it's a japanese car in a japanese game:)

RUI

Just quickly checking the rankings

top times on Suzuka, Pro

S3 tyres
GTR: 2'13.230
F430:2'14.883
599: 2'16.714

Just quickly checking the rankings

top times on Suzuka, Pro

S3 tyres
GTR: 2'13.230
F430:2'14.883
599: 2'16.714

there you go! 👍

I also notice that you don't see many Ferraris in the top 20 ranks...

though I have to say that you have to be much more involved in the driving when you're behind the whell a an F430 and that is definitely a plus:)

RUI

Back