Fastest GTP user! GT5 leaderboard - Post your best lap and drift score

• Thread starter S10QaN
  • 22 comments
Norway
Norway
INTRODUCTION: In this thread the best lap times in various tracks and cars (you can add new cars and tracks) done by GTP users will be listed. Everyone uses the same cars, track and tuning - no cheating! ;)
I hope this thread can get full of lap times, post yours! :gtpflag:
The first post will be updated frequent and tracks and cars will be added by request.

________________________________________________________________________________​

RULES:

• TCS, ASM, Scid Recovery Force and Active Steering options disabled!
  • ABS set to max "1", Grip reduction set to "real"
  • Different settings is allowed, but not different parts (that includes tires)
  • You'll have to post a proof, a picture that proves that the time is legit :)
  • No cheating, non-legit lap times will not be listed ;)

Picture proof must contain following:
  • Lap time
  • Car being used
  • Tires used (not needed if you use rc tires, people don't gain anything by lying about that :P)
  • Track used
  • Picture taken in practise mode or arcade mode (time attack)

See example post (#2) for guidance. :)

Please respect the rules and don't cheat, thanks. :)

________________________________________________________________________________​

LEADERBOARD - CIRCUIT TRACKS:

Suzuka Cicuit:
Car: Formula Gran Turismo (tires: racing soft):
  • 1:32.236 - by S10QaN

Autumn Mini Ring:
Car: Red Bull X2010 (tires: racing soft):
  • 0:19.275 - by S10QaN

Tokyo R246:
Car: Lotus Elise 111R 04' (tires: racing soft, fully tuned + wheels and aero parts):
  • 1:42.801 - by S10QaN

LEADERBOARD - DRIFT TRACKS (SECTOR MODE):

Eiger Nordwand Short Track:
Car: 1970 Mustang Trans-Cammer (tires: sports soft, stock (no tuning)):
  • 11110 - by S10QaN

Please make suggestions for the title/content of this thread. Is there any changes you think I should make?
If you know of something, please comment or send me a PM. :)

Last edited:
INFO: Post a picture showing time, track, car (inc. settings/parts etc.) and tires (if you use racing soft tires just say so, but if you use other tires, please prove it by taking a picture as shown :) ).

Picture of replay will do (shown under) or in-game leaderboard.

Use a camera, even cell phone camera if you want. Just make sure you can read the text clearly.

My lap time was 1:32.236, that shouldn't be too hard to beat! ;)

Example post:

Track: Suzuka Circuit
Car: Formula Gran Turismo (racing soft)
Lap time: 1:32.236
6803109515_7caa60bf06_b.jpg

Track: Autumn Ring Mini
Car: Red Bull X2010 (racing soft)
Lap time: 0:19.275.
6803743159_4c99a2839b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent idea, sort of has been done before. The Nordschleife thread for Lap times is extremely detailed and is quite competitive, and long running, in addition to being a totally stock board. In addition, the GT5 Laptime Thread and Board which is in my sig also is a compendium of time trial laps from many GTP users, though of course not all stock laps, but still has within it many hundreds of laps. Yours is a noble idea, but I would have a look at these first :) then think about your own

Seems like a some what fun idea if it catches people's interest it certain;ly caught on with the budget car challenge and Nurburgring thread

Excellent idea, sort of has been done before. The Nordschleife thread for Lap times is extremely detailed and is quite competitive, and long running, in addition to being a totally stock board. In addition, the GT5 Laptime Thread and Board which is in my sig also is a compendium of time trial laps from many GTP users, though of course not all stock laps, but still has within it many hundreds of laps. Yours is a noble idea, but I would have a look at these first :) then think about your own
:) Yeah, I know. :P I wanted drive agains other users here on GTP so I did a search and found those threads. But the threads I found differs from this one, that's the reason I made a new thread. The thread you're refering to is not entirely what I wanted to make. I wanted a fair list where everyone uses the same cars and such and where everything where updated in the first post. The reason I choosed Formula GT is because you can't tune it, therefor all the results posted will be fair, no one can cheat. This thread will not be a complete list of all tracks and cars. ;) I agree that the threads may be a bit similar, but I wanted it to be somewhat like the Top Gear inspired thread, just with other tracks and cars and where everyone can post their time.

Seems like a some what fun idea if it catches people's interest it certain;ly caught on with the budget car challenge and Nurburgring thread
That's what I'm hoping.

X2010 at Autumn Mini Ring.
I'll start up GT5 and post my time soon. In the mean time you can post yours. :) EDIT: I've posted my time.

EDIT: I've posted my time on Suzuka Circuit (Formula Gran Turismo), now it's your turn. ;)

Just request a new track or car and post a proof of your time and I will update the leaderboard. I'll add a drift leaderboard as soon as possible.

Does anyone have a list of BB codes you can use in this forum? Found it... ;)

Last edited:
This is silly, why don't you just use the leaderboards available in the game?

Oh wait.....

:sly:
:odd: Uhm... I... uh... what? :boggled:

You've read the thread, right...? :confused:

In this thread everybody can post their times, not only me. :P You too if you want.

Last edited:
S10QaN
:odd: Uhm... I... uh... what? :boggled:

You've read the thread, right...? :confused:

He's just making reference to the fact that as in GT5P there could have been time trial (TT) boards for every car and track combo all stored online, so we as a forum needn't go to all the hassle of making TT boards anyway, should be in game. Also, I see what your idea is now better, good luck with it :)

I think you missed the point. He was complaining about the fact that there is no worldwide leader board in this game and there was in prologue.
Edit: Damn, beaten to it!

I think you missed the point. He was complaining about the fact that there is no worldwide leader board in this game and there was in prologue.
Edit: Damn, beaten to it!
He's just making reference to the fact that as in GT5P there could have been time trial (TT) boards for every car and track combo all stored online, so we as a forum needn't go to all the hassle of making TT boards anyway, should be in game. Also, I see what your idea is now better, good luck with it :)
:P Aah, I see. :lol: I should've understood.

:) Thanks, I hope someone contribute with some lap times soon. :guilty:

Don't you have some lap times to share with us? :sly:

You can take a look on the spreadsheet link that is in my sig, you should have a good amount of lap time to start with :)

goodluck!

You might attract more people using different cars.
:) I'll add some more cars to the list as soon as I get the chance. But people are allowed to choose a new car if they want to. maybe I should make that more clear in the first post! ;) Thanks.

You can take a look on the spreadsheet link that is in my sig, you should have a good amount of lap time to start with :)

goodluck!
Thank you! Do you use any driving aids, like TCS or ASM? I'd like all to not use any driving aids, except ABS (set to 1). :) This way we can sort out all the good drivers in here. ;)

I'll look at some of the lap times with video attached. I preferably want to see some kind of evidence, so I know that the lap time is legit, hope you understand. :)

BTW, what do people think of driving aids being disallowed?

If you're looking for the fastest drivers....none. (maybe ABS at 1)
No AIDS accept ABS @1
I'm glad you agree. ;) I think that all driving aids should be turned off, too, including ABS. But how can I possibly know if a driver uses ABS or not? For many drivers, ABS on or off makes a big difference. If someone lies and leave ABS on, they can have a big advantage over the others. I'm afraid people may post false lap times (because of dissallowed settings), I can't know for sure if people are being honest. Therefore, I think I'll leave ABS (max 1) as allowed. (?)

I've decided that all aids excluding ABS have to be turned completely off. 👍

That's great! :dopey:👍 Awesome!

Remember to attach a picture. :)

I'll be posting a time on Tokyo R246. The car was a Lotus Elise 111R 04' (racing soft tires, all parts upgraded including wheels and aero-parts! Top speed is also increased by 20 km/t I think.) :) My best lap time is 1:42.801, at the moment. I know I can improve it, at least by a second. ;)

I'll improve the time tomorrow, but now you people know what's coming. Just feel free to post your time first! :)

Everyone who posted in the spreadsheet dont use any aids except for ABS1, i mostly asked for videos the first time, to make sure it was alright, then i can trust but videos are always welcomed :)

99.9% that posted so far are very friendly and honest with their time, its just for fun in the end. I see it more as a database that is used as a leaderboard as a bonus. Thats why you dont see a car more than once in the sheet. All in all if you want to add the time from the spreadsheet feel free, and they are all legit.

:)

Okey, that's good to hear!

I'm a bit tired now, so I will probably find and copy some of the times from the spreadsheet tomorrow or something. Thanks for letting me use your sheet. :)

Track: Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Drift mode: Sector
Car: 1970 Mustang Trans-Cammer (standard (no upgrades), sports soft)
Score: 11110
6806665473_53e3c2e0d3_b.jpg

Track: Tokyo R246
Circuit mode
Car: Lotus Elise 111R 04' (All parts upgraded + wheels, aero-parts + settings + racing soft)
Lap time: 1:42.801
6806665187_1503917e1f_b.jpg

EDIT: Example post (#2) is updated, it looks way more tidy now. ;)

Last edited:
Back