Fastest speed

• Thread starter Epic B
  • 8 comments
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
What's the fastest speed you've reached around the test track in GT1 without cheats?
The fastest speeds I've gone are 242 in an R33 Skyline (If only it had a 6th gear) and 255 in a Supra (6 speeds really helps).

What's the fastest you've gone in GT1?

without cheats i recall doing ~264mph in the supra on the machine test give or take

but you could go faster on the megaspeed track2 test course, just tailgate the r33 on the straight away

I've probably gone 246MPH in a Mitsubishi 3000GT 1992 Twin Turbo without any cheating. It's amazing how crazy you can tune your cars in GT1!
^Hey codingasm, just to let you know you can't draft in GT1, drafting wasn't put in until GT2, maybe your car is just that fast!:D

I've probably gone 246MPH in a Mitsubishi 3000GT 1992 Twin Turbo without any cheating. It's amazing how crazy you can tune your cars in GT1!
^Hey codingasm, just to let you know you can't draft in GT1, drafting wasn't put in until GT2, maybe your car is just that fast!:D

ohyeathatdude, you actually got wrong right there.I remember playing Gran Turismo 1 recently and drafting works pretty well.

I even remember how I beat the Test Course track in the Megaspeed Challenge, using the Dodge Viper GTS-R.With no changes, I could enter the 7th gear by drafting the Mitsubishi GTO twinturbo.I got a margin of -0.011, that was some intense ****.

I maxed 260mph by drafting with it.

ohyeathatdude, you actually got wrong right there.I remember playing Gran Turismo 1 recently and drafting works pretty well.

I even remember how I beat the Test Course track in the Megaspeed Challenge, using the Dodge Viper GTS-R.With no changes, I could enter the 7th gear by drafting the Mitsubishi GTO twinturbo.I got a margin of -0.011, that was some intense ****.

I maxed 260mph by drafting with it.
Hmmm... I was pretty sure you couldn't altough I actually didn't know you can draft in GT2 until like about 7 years later when I noticed that you can speed up behing a car. It took long for me to find out because it doesn't have wind sounds like in GT3-5. I guess you can draft... silly me :dunce:(hence the name "Gran Turismo: The REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR")

Back