Favorite cc class?

I'm wondering, what is your favorite cc class? 150, 250, 450, 600,etc... Mine are the 600-750cc class like the CBR-600 RR, and the GSX-750 RR. Is just their agility and speed that win me over 1000cc bikes, the Ducatis are just too bulky IMHO and, dare I say, sluggish? So what's your favorite cc class?

The 600s and the 1000s.. They are both so much fun. I probably lean toward the 600s a bit more, but the raw power of the 1000s is hard to resist.

I like most that are 600 or under. I like the power range and they are fun to just drive.

Sometimes I dont feel like going crazy fast on the larger bikes.

I would say 600-750cc just because the out preform the bigger bikes.And thats a Fact.And becuse their nimple and easy to turn.

well, for good fun im going to have to go with the 600cc class, but if im in the mood for some blistering speed, i choose the 1000cc class.

300zxfairman
I would say 600-750cc just because the out preform the bigger bikes.And thats a Fact.And becuse their nimple and easy to turn.

Riiight.. It really depends on the track dude. A 1000cc bike will be faster than a 600cc bike on midfield or high speed. Regardless how 'nimple' the 600cc's are.

On alot of tracks, you cant beat a 600 tho.

hmm..

I really enjoy the 250cc class because you really have to ride a smooth line, not that you don't with the other bikes, but if you make a mistake on a 1000cc, it seems easier to get situated again. It seems to me as if theres a little less room for error compared to 600cc as well, the 600cc class is just SO nimble and quick. That being said, I love the 1000+cc b/c being 6'6", thats hopefully what type of bike I'll eventually settle with one day. That raw power is... well, theres nothing like it.

Also, I second what Spectre600 said. It's all dependant upon the situation.
And everyone knows that an advanced rider would kick your @ss at Tsubuka on a 1000cc if your a novice rider on a 600cc.

dcv3r
hmm..

I really enjoy the 250cc class because you really have to ride a smooth line, not that you don't with the other bikes, but if you make a mistake on a 1000cc, it seems easier to get situated again. It seems to me as if theres a little less room for error compared to 600cc as well, the 600cc class is just SO nimble and quick. That being said, I love the 1000+cc b/c being 6'6", thats hopefully what type of bike I'll eventually settle with one day. That raw power is... well, theres nothing like it.

Also, I second what Spectre600 said. It's all dependant upon the situation.
And everyone knows that an advanced rider would kick your @ss at Tsubuka on a 1000cc if your a novice rider on a 600cc.

Take it one step further.. its ALL about the rider. In real life, I have flat out embarrassed guys on the latest literbikes riding a lowly Ninja 500 (thats 50 hp on a good day, at 400 lbs.. compared to 150-160+ hp @ under 400 lbs)

Its all about the rider. Granted if your riding in a straight line, its much more about the bike.. but thats sooo boring. Anyone twist the throttle.

Dont assume youll *need* a 1000cc bike.. The latest literbikes arent any more 'roomy' than 600cc sportbikes. They all fold you up like origami. And nobody, i repeat *NOBODY* can use all of what a 1000cc sportbike has to offer on the -street-. There are few people in the world that can take advantage of 1000cc's on a racetrack.

Its difficult (and dangerous) to get close to the limits of 600cc sportbikes on the street. Infact, its damn dangerous to approach the limits of any bike on the street. Cept of Harleys.

Spectre600
And nobody, i repeat *NOBODY* can use all of what a 1000cc sportbike has to offer on the -street-.

One review of the Yamaha YZF-R1 that I remember in particular stated that it is absolutely the wrong bike for riding around the countryside and admiring the scenery. There's simply no time for it... because you have to spend all your time focusing on what's going on around you because it's so easy to get in trouble with so much power. Even when you're not trying to go fast.

Ducatista
One review of the Yamaha YZF-R1 that I remember in particular stated that it is absolutely the wrong bike for riding around the countryside and admiring the scenery. There's simply no time for it... because you have to spend all your time focusing on what's going on around you because it's so easy to get in trouble with so much power. Even when you're not trying to go fast.

Exaclty.. people dont realise how amazingly competent modern sportbikes are.

The sheer acceleration from one of these literbikes is faster than your brain can handle (untill you have alot of experience).

Full power on the street from one of these things means your doing something illegal, and you probably will get seriusly hurt very soon...

They are racebikes with lights and turn signals.. its that simple. They are no joke. Think about the power to wieght ratio. 160-170 on the latest bikes that wiegh under 400 lbs. Compare that to any car you know of. And any dumbass can get one of these bikes for 10k.

Here are the hard numbers from Motorcylist magazine for an 04' R1.

158.3 HP @ 12,500 RPM (thats from the wheel, not from the engine)
74 Ft/Lbs @ 10,000 RPM
10.07(!) second 1/4 mile @ 145.3 mph
2.75 seconds 6th gear roll on from 60-80 mph

Try and think of any car that you have ever been able to afford that can do that.

A hiccup on a literbike means your going 20 mph faster.. if you sneeze, that means you just looped it.

Any 1 liter bike is a beast on the street. It takes alot of experience and willpower not to get yourself killed. Hell, first gear on an R1 tops out at a bit over 100 mph.

Back