Favorite Fictional Race Track(s)

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
I really enjoyed seeing the posts formed from the favorite fictitious car thread. So, I thought it would be fun to listen to people talk about their favorite fictional race tracks aswell. I really enjoy some of the courses made up for certain racing games over the years, I find it fun to be immersed in the imaginations of what developers see as a fun race track. With that said, I'll start!

1.) Midfield Raceway from Gran Turismo
I really like the simplicity of this track along with how it flows. The corners are fast and fun to drive through making for some quick races. My favorite section is the final part with the s-turns leading to sharpish left hand turn going into the 2nd tunnel.

2. Lowerseering from Enthusia Professional Racing, I like the cloudy mountain environment that this track brings while also giving a nice mix of familiarity. The final s-turn on this course reminds me of the Eau Rouge and Raidillon turns from Spa.

3.) Trial Mountain, also from Gran Turismo.

4.) Maple Valley Raceway from Forza Motorsport.

Forza Motorsport
Camino Viejo
New York
Sunset Peninsula

Gran Turismo
Deep Forest Raceway
Midfield Raceway (GT3)
New York
Opera Paris
Special Stage Route 5
Tokyo R246
Trial Mountain

Ridge Racer
Above The City
Bayside Line
Seaside Route

Alright, gonna quickly add this in for the moment

latest

016-5488992d1da71.jpg

Complex String could have done with a bit more scenery though, and while I'm unsure if you can in Forza's SPG, I would've loved for Complex String to have actual race events.

As for when I'm actually feeling sane on the other hand,

Just that this got pretty much wasted in GT2, besides the RNG and License Test.

And as the OP mentions, the Lowerseering is definitely up there, Enthusia just knew how to have a proper atmosphere for a track, especially Nurburgring that's easily the best rendition of it due to this, but that's not for this thread the jets help add to it as well.

Apricot Hill is probably my all time favorite regardless of the game.

My favorite track from Forza is Alpine Ring, which sadly has only been in the original game.

Interesting to see people say complex string. I personally never had any fun driving around that track. The individual pieces are too repetitive and not satisfying to get right...especially that damn increasing radius section. For tuning I found it useful, but that's about it. Same goes for sidewinder proving grounds.

Contrast that with a track like, Tsukuba for instance, which is a track that is far shorter but you can lap over and over again in search of the perfect line because stringing them all together feels so good.

Alright, gonna quickly add this in for the moment

latest

016-5488992d1da71.jpg

Complex String could have done with a bit more scenery though, and while I'm unsure if you can in Forza's SPG, I would've loved for Complex String to have actual race events.

As for when I'm actually feeling sane on the other hand,

Just that this got pretty much wasted in GT2, besides the RNG and License Test.

And as the OP mentions, the Lowerseering is definitely up there, Enthusia just knew how to have a proper atmosphere for a track, especially Nurburgring that's easily the best rendition of it due to this, but that's not for this thread the jets help add to it as well.

There were events that used Sidewinder in Forza 2, not sure about 3 since it was DLC.

I also listed my other favorites in this video along with the original I listed in my op.

My would be that long new york track from project gothem racing 4

think its this one

My personal favorite in PGR4 is Quebec, though part of my reason is due to the scenery.

Just found this thread. It may be old, but this is a topic I have thought about quite a bit lately. Many tracks worth mentioning here for me, but my most recent favorite is:

Seattle Motorsports Complex from NASCAR 2000.
1627240959733.png

Although I have had Nascar 2000 for a very long time now and have known about this track for about as long, I recently decided to play this game again just for fun and it's become a huge favorite for me now. While the layout doesn't look very exciting just looking at the map, the track itself is visually interesting once you actually race on it. Not only is the track pretty wide in some places, but its scenery is amazing! The cliffside overlooking the nearby city is quite a sight to see and the massive grandstands are my most favorite touch of all. On top of all that, this track has day and night transition with it and the speed at which it changes depends on how many laps you want to do.

I love this track to death and I wish we could see it again in a modern racing game because I would love to see it on modern hardware. Fortunately, Kitsuneamy on stunodracing is considering making this track for NR2003 and while may not be a recent game, it at least will be an interesting one to see regardless.

Here are my favorite fictional race tracks are:
  • Amalfi Coast Full Circuit
  • Apricot Hill Raceway
  • Bernese Alps Stadtplatz
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat Extreme Circuit
  • Deep Forest
  • El Captain
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Maple Valley Raceway
  • Mid-Field Raceway
  • Prague Full Circuit
  • Rally di Positano Full Circuit