Favorite options for a car at GT Auto?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 3 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
For example, it looks like you can fit a widebody on almost every road car in the game. At least, that’s how it seems so far in my playthrough. I also like the license plate options, and how some widebodies offer a more radical change, like with a Corolla Levin that I have. Definitely also liking how some cars can get rear diffusers, too.

Anyway, do you suppose these options would make getting two of some more expensive models worth it? I suppose I’m wondering if anyone else has come across any interesting modifications - especially for used cars, legendary cars, and invite-exclusive models.

Last edited:
I'm just happy that the options are back in general to visually modify your car. And I think my most purchased parts are yellow bulbs and japanese sized front and rear plates :D

@MIE1992

Yeah, the widebody has to be up there as one of my favorites and yes, it appears that nearly all cars (so far s I've seen) have that option which is great. .....I was under the assumption at first it would be a select few. The thing is, I haven't applied it to too many of my cars especially those that are more rare / expensive given that it's permanent. Well, at least in the sense that you have to buy a new chassis if you want to get rid of it.

I do plan on buying two versions of some of my classic favorites though so I can go wild on one and keep the other in a moddable form that can easily go back to stock.

I also like what they've done with the wheel options. The compatibility seems to be expanded and you can also choose a variety of more sizes which is great. The width too is nice although I wish you had an option to plus size tires. .....the widebody kit does this automatically.

Paint / livery would be my other most favorite modification depending on the vehicle. With road vehicles, I use this to select the color I actually want vs. what I am sometimes stuck with. I just wish there was a way to keep the graphics / decals that are on the car in those applications that have them.

I couldn't care less about the widebody, it is too expensive, so I haven't even tried it. Not going to waste what little credits the game gives out on it.

But a front splitter and rear wing are an absolute must for any car to be even remotely driveable.

The livery editor is too cumbersome to use, even to just rerspray a car takes 5 minutes of fiddling. So I don't even bother with it.

Aesthetically the wheels that are the most useful.

Back