Favorite track spots for taking photos

• Thread starter Tim Voak
  • 4 comments
United States
Florida, USA
I did a quick search and found no threads on this topic. What are your favorite spots on tracks for taking photo's and why? Is it the lighting or the interesting background or simply the number of cameras in that area? My favorite is the North Eastern corner of Tokyo 246 because there are a number of great camera angles. There are few shadows from trees and plenty of road makings as reference points in placing myself or various cars for for comparison shots. I'm anxious to hear about some other players great spots.

My fav is the Nurburgring 24Hr... like the crowds, trailers, tents, parked cars and trucks, BBQ's, etc.

C9D1A95B-45B8-4499-8620-23296847AF22.jpeg

Last edited:
I found a couple of new spots this past week. There is a billboard near the pit exit on Nurburgring that makes an interesting background and a similar sign having a map of the track on it for Grand Valley near the entrance of the first tunnel. But my favorite is the middle crosswalk on the backstretch of R246. I can park the right front tire in the lead corner of the middle lane and take shots from camera #3 to make albums of images for things like the thread about RUF factory colors that I posted. Uniform photo composition the easy way.
-
RUF02_Slvr.png

GrValley.png

Ring0.png

Ring1.png

Japan.png

Last edited:
Back