Favorite unknown bandMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lain
  • 8 comments
  • 1,210 views

Lain

Premium
Messages
7,113
United States
Pasadena, TX
Messages
Yaywalter
Post a song by your favorite band who is known by few to even exist.

I'll be posting mine when I upload the song to Youtube, since nobody else has uploaded 'em yet.

Edit: Here it is. It's technically two songs that flow together. Motion Detector and Time Is Now, by Slang.

 
Last edited:
Anathallo - by far my favorite unknown band


Albums:
* Luminous Luminescence in the Atlas Position (2001) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/Luminous+Luminescense+In+The+Atlas+Position/3174237?src=5

* Sparrows (2002) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/Sparrows/275357?src=5 (tracks 5 and 7 are missing)

* Floating World (2006) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/Floating+World/216238?src=5 (listen to this one first!!!)

* Canopy Glow (2008) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/Canopy+Glow/2903098?src=5


EPs:
* A Holiday at the Sea (2003) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/A+Holiday+At+The+Sea/216237?src=5

* Hymns (2004) - http://listen.grooveshark.com/album/Hymns/340631?src=5


the songs are sorta out of order, but still...an amazing band.




also, Spacewolf, a band from Jackson, MS is really good too.

http://vimeo.com/16838459
http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=273782

the bass player from Slang is actually pretty damn good. I heard those harmonic glissandos he threw in the middle of the song...really neat.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Loooooooooots of 80's metal bands from alternative places. Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Greece...
 
Here's a band that went to my high school. I actually sat with the lead singer at lunch my sophomore year. Apparently they now have an album on iTunes. And their sound is way different from when I knew them.

They are called Skepticynic:



Other than that, I'm sure I listen to a lot of bands that very few on GTPlanet have heard of. :sly:
 
From Columbus,Ohio ....

The Godz

Gotta Keep a Runnin



Candy's Going Bad ( WARNING LYRICAL CONTENT )



Under the Table

 



I graduated from high school the same year as two of the members, and I'm friends with Eric Cannata. They've recently been signed with a record label. So happy for them.
 
A band local to me, God God Dammit Dammit, are absolutely awesome. 12 piece band with elements of punk, rock, funk, soul. Just so, so good. Another local band, the Irie Knights, best friends with the trumpeter, so I may be a little bias. Just a mellow reggae band, awesome to dance or chill out to.
 
Favorite-band-Youve-never-heard-of-them.jpg


More notable, and some people have heard of, are Pedro the Lion and Matt Pond Pa. Friend of mine has his own thing called Algebraic Satellite.
 
Back