Favourite and or Best View

• Thread starter B80
  • 13 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hi all,

Returned to series for 1st time in a decade. What views are you using and what do the 'Pro's' tend to use?

I want the one with best sensation of speed and visibility. So guess thats roof top? Think bumper one is best for feeling of speed, but visibility not as good?

I use controller. Like the idea of cockpit view, but usually not the best for visibility and may struggle online against people that use other views? Particularly as I'm not the best driver out there.

Last edited:
Cockpit view all the way for me, for the immersion, and for the interior eye candy which is sensational in GT7. It may have some drawbacks online but I used it all the way through Sport and was as competitive as I would expect to be, I still just find it far more enjoyable an experience and that's the key part for everyone!

Pros typically use rooftop though, to help with wheel placement in corners better than bumper, it has the disadvantage of not having any mirrors at all.

I switch between the cockpit and chase cam usually. Chase cam mostly when racing. Would prefer it if it had a bit more movement instead of being quite static to the back of the car. I recall the chase cam adjustments in GTS loosened it up a bit more than the adjustments in GT7 do.

Cockpit view is great as well, like to use it when just driving around testing stuff out.

Cockpit view when I’m closer to the TV (usually using my wheel), I will go to bumper cam when I am relaxing on the couch using the dual sense controller.

Cockpit for me.

....2nd choice is roof top. ....3rd is bumper and lastly would be rear view / 3rd person.

Cockpit view all the way for me, for the immersion, and for the interior eye candy which is sensational in GT7. It may have some drawbacks online but I used it all the way through Sport and was as competitive as I would expect to be, I still just find it far more enjoyable an experience and that's the key part for everyone!

Pros typically use rooftop though, to help with wheel placement in corners better than bumper, it has the disadvantage of not having any mirrors at all.
I may give cockpit a proper go then, as realism/immersion side is appealing for a game like this. TBH not sure I'll even go online yet and have no aspirations of competing with the best, so will try cockpit out properly.

Do find having no mirrors annoying in rooftop view.

Last edited:
Interior view my friend, for me it brings out more of the cars character. You will always experience something different when driving a different car because of the different view each car offers.. some are good others have pillars in your way and you learn to adapt to it. That’s why I really enjoy cockpit view.

Interior view my friend, for me it brings out more of the cars character. You will always experience something different when driving a different car because of the different view each car offers.. some are good others have pillars in your way and you learn to adapt to it. That’s why I really enjoy cockpit view.

cheers boss. thats whats appealing, so have more appreciation for different cars, experience etc.

think I was put off by FH5 crowd pushing more for 3rd person as quicker. but in reality, even if it is in gt7, I'm more interested in immersion, experience etc rather than being a top tier online driver.

B80
cheers boss. thats whats appealing, so have more appreciation for different cars, experience etc.

think I was put off by FH5 crowd pushing more for 3rd person as quicker. but in reality, even if it is in gt7, I'm more interested in immersion, experience etc rather than being a top tier online driver.
Yea that’s my opinion also man… while I’m not the fasted I’m a A/S driver and I use interior view while competing so it definitely can be done.

Roof cam for me.

Chase cam isn't any use with a wheel and I feel interior view lacks visibility. Floor cam and I can't see breaking points if I'm right behind someone.

Back