Favourite Era for Rock.....Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter StinkyRacer11
  • 28 comments
  • 1,682 views
Messages
38
United Kingdom
East Sussex
Messages
Adman3657
Messages
Adam3657
Just thought i'd post and see what peoples favourite kind of Era for rock music was i.e 60's, 70's, 80's and so forth. Its always an interesting topic for me because of the varied opinion. Also what bands do you think made those era's?
 
Realistically I should go for the 70's. But I only listen to the most uber-mainstream stuff from it (Dark Side of The Moon, Rumours etc). So I'll go for the late 90's early 2000's, as their were a lot of bands, mainly Alternative ones, that my sisters would listen to a lot, so I've ended up growing up listening to bands like Feeder, Jimmy Eat World, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park etc.
 
Ahh yeah can't beat a bit of the Foo and Feeder are classics. Jimmy eat world used to be ok but have become a bit too "teenage girl" style for my liking. 90's and the 00's were good, im quite fond of 90's grunge at the minute Pearl Jam, Nirvana etc.
 
Its hard for me to choose. I normally would say 90s, but I've been really into the 60s lately. A lot of sunshine pop and psychedelic rock being played on my ipod.
 
70's and 80's, and some stuff from '00-'10
 
Late 50's, 60's and early 70's here. Bands way too numerous to try to itemize. Carl Perkins and Danny and the Juniors through the Beach Boys, Mamas & Papas, to The Who, Grand Funk, Zombies, etc, etc, etc. Plus dozens (hundreds?) more.
 
The 70's and 80's. Great bands in that period like ... LED ZEPPELIN.
 
Last edited:
Gotta stick my neck out and say the 00's were brilliant for rock music and for me the best. Hot Fuss, Is This It, One By One, By The Way, In Your Honour, Black Holes and Revelations, The Resistance, Only By The Night, Sam's Town, Kid A, will all be regarded as classics in not too long.
 
I don't really have a favorite era, every decade seems to provide some new great trend in rock that just seems as good as the last(usually for different reasons, you just can't compare the likes of RHCP with Led Zeppelin).


Unfortunately I can't say the same thing for some of the other genre's I listen to.
 
80s thrash.
 
Most of my favourite rock bands emerged in the 90's, Millencolin, Lagwagon, Mad Caddies, NOFX, Big D and the Kids Table, along with Bad Religion who were coming off strong from their comeback in the late '80s. So yeah, probably the 90's.
 
Gotta stick my neck out and say the 00's were brilliant for rock music and for me the best. Hot Fuss, Is This It, One By One, By The Way, In Your Honour, Black Holes and Revelations, The Resistance, Only By The Night, Sam's Town, Kid A, will all be regarded as classics in not too long.

Muse are the Gods of todays music IMO

Edit: And the killers were good too
 
90's... I don't think its really that close. 70's is probably next.. But the 90's was filled with greatness.

Dopes to Infinity, Blues for the Red Sun, Undertow, Deliverance, Blind, NOLA, Vulgar Display of Power...
 
Late 50's, 60's and early 70's here. Bands way too numerous to try to itemize. Carl Perkins and Danny and the Juniors through the Beach Boys, Mamas & Papas, to The Who, Grand Funk, Zombies, etc, etc, etc. Plus dozens (hundreds?) more.

This.

Except for country, music went way downhill after the 80's.
 
80s for me. For bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden etc.
 
70's, 80's, 90's, and some early 00's. Like the Foo Fighters. Anymore a lot of it sounds the same to me.
 
90s. 'Nuff said.

I do enjoy music from the 70s, but I just think there's so much more variety in the 90s, not to mention I grew up with Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Soundgarden which are legendary bands from that era.
 
70's, I was brought up 70's rock music so it's always going to have a place in my heart! That said the 90's are pretty awesome too.
 
ACDC all night long!
 
60'S Rock'n'Roll is unbeatable.
 
This.

Except for country, music went way downhill after the 80's.

Are you kidding? Today's country can't compare to greats like Cash, Price, Haggard, and Marty Robbins. So many great country musicians from the 50s-70s.
 
Last edited:
Back