• Thread starter calvins48
  • 8 comments

calvins48

I'm not 48
Premium
United Kingdom
England
calvins48
I'm not going to make a poll because there are so many cars to choose from and I'd get the inevitable, "You missed [X] out!"

However, I'd be interested to know what everyone's favourite Group B rally car is. After doing a quick search, this was last asked to the community back in '07 as far as I can tell.

My personal favourite is the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16/Evo 2. :bowdown:

8b6c65c686d3d87496950175a9b9f1e9.jpg

Everyone talks about the Germans and Italians but the French with their 205 beat everyone right when the cars were at their most powerful in '85 and '86. The dominance from the little Peugeot surrounded by larger Lancias and Audis was something to behold!

Which car is your favourite? :)

Gosh, where to start...

Well for me my favourite has to be the little MG Metro 6R4. They took the horrible the little Metro, threw most of it away (thank god...) and created a 4wd V6 pocket rocket, that sounded glorious, even if it wasn't really successful.

MG Metro 6r4.jpg

An an honorable mention goes to the bonkers Citroen BX 4TC. Always been partial to French metal of all kinds, loved the quirkiness, and loved that Citroen got stuck in with Group B as well, even if the the BX was never successful. Shame it didn't get a chance to fully develop, as Group B ceased to exist before it could:

Citroen BX 4TC.jpg

Lancia ECV.

Although it didn't get a chance to compete (I think it was banned by then), would have made an awesome looking Group B monster.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm gonna say the Ford RS200 for these reasons and a few others
902d1437513354-just-looking-ford-rs200-action.jpg

1. It looks like a cross between a Porsche, a 3rd gen Camaro, and a Fox body Mustang. So it's already off to a good start.
2. The factory livery is gorgeous, rivaled only by Peugeot and Lancia
3. It tore crap up as a rallycross car.
4. It's the closest America got to a Group B car. I know, silly reason, but it helped get it some exposure when it started showing up in videogames, which then leads me to...
5. I regularly beat the crap out of people in Ford Racing and later GT6 and the Dirt series with this monster. What a glorious car.

Honorable mention to anything Lancia though, those guys were bat:censored: insane

Back