Favourite GT5 Moments?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BRADZZZ11
  • 24 comments
  • 1,615 views
Messages
148
United Kingdom
Essex
Messages
TheNewiBRAD
As of Monday, I've found myself playing my Playstation with headphones connected to my TV. My god, I will never play without headphones again. It completely changes the experience on any game, whether it be Gran Turismo or Call of Duty. Since then, everytime I've been on GT I've immediately thrashed a car round the Nordschleife. The experience is spine-tingling - the game comes to a whole new level. The very first car I tried was the LFA. The sound this beauty makes is gorgeous through normal speakers, and then with my headphones.. :drool:

That, is my favourite GT5 moment so far. So tell me - What's yours?
 
My first big online win that came today :)

Aside from that... probably getting all golds in the Sebastien Loeb challenge, where the last stage was horribly annoying.
 
As of Monday, I've found myself playing my Playstation with headphones connected to my TV. My god, I will never play without headphones again. It completely changes the experience on any game, whether it be Gran Turismo or Call of Duty. Since then, everytime I've been on GT I've immediately thrashed a car round the Nordschleife. The experience is spine-tingling - the game comes to a whole new level. The very first car I tried was the LFA. The sound this beauty makes is gorgeous through normal speakers, and then with my headphones.. :drool:

That, is my favourite GT5 moment so far. So tell me - What's yours?
I have some tritton ax720's(I think they are called), they have 5.1 Surround sound. I know exactly what you mean. **** on call of duty, you know when someone is walking close to you, and it so easy to locate them.

As for my favorite gt5 moment.. Like you, it would have to be the ring :)
 
my favorite moment is when i won like the wind with my mazda furai(because i know im not a good driver:p)
 
First of all, as said above, was when it popped into my mailbox as it was released :-P

But secondly, it must be when i threw the Nissan GT-R 'round the nürburgrig and finally got the official GT-R record trophy :-D
 
Last edited:
Like the OP any car on the 'Ring gives me pleasure!
 
Keeping up for the most part with a BMW CSL in my F150 Lighting @ 550pp limit on the ring.
 
This will seem trivial to many of you but license test B-5 at Tsukuba was my "White Whale" so to speak...I had perhaps 400-500 attempts before finally getting the gold standard...The biggest surprise was by how much I beat it by...I needed 18.900 and having a pb of 18.906 I felt I may just barely edge by one day but all at once,first try of the session I ripped off a 18.858...

I just sat there with my mouth open and then somehow remembered to save the replay...It was only one test and one more gold but that was my finest moment or at least the most satisfying!
 
Almost won a race online using my Spoon Fit against vipers, skylines...etc
 
My favorite moment is when I beat the x1 challenge. It took a week but when I beat it it was worth it. Kinda. Not really. I don't drive it anymore. But Bob loves it!
 
Early on in the game, golding the Top Gear event with the Elise. :nervous:
This made me very, very happy.
Just like golding Vettel.

And the very first time watching the intro movie :drool:
 
I have to say I had my favourite moments with the first seasonal events.

Do you guys remember those really really hard challenges were you sat for 3-4 hours and tried to tweak the car to your style and the track. I never managed to beat the challenges for 20 or 30 tries, and then I changed something very slightly (i.e. putting down the max speed from 260 to 250 km/h) and suddenly you win and your round times have improved by 0,8 seconds per lap.

These challenges were hard work and you had the feeling that you improved yourself and kind of achieved something.

I really miss those seasonals. :guilty:
 
Beating an Amuse GT1 Turbo with a tuned up Ram.

I salute you. :lol:👍

My favourite GT5 moment was probably winning Like the Wind by 0.001 seconds on Indy in the 787B Stealth.
 
First of all, as said above, was when it popped into my mailbox as it was released :-P

But secondly, it must be when i threw the Nissan GT-R 'round the nürburgrig and finally got the official GT-R record trophy :-D
I'm with TehHO on this.
 
I have to say I had my favourite moments with the first seasonal events.

Do you guys remember those really really hard challenges were you sat for 3-4 hours and tried to tweak the car to your style and the track. I never managed to beat the challenges for 20 or 30 tries, and then I changed something very slightly (i.e. putting down the max speed from 260 to 250 km/h) and suddenly you win and your round times have improved by 0,8 seconds per lap.

These challenges were hard work and you had the feeling that you improved yourself and kind of achieved something.

I really miss those seasonals. :guilty:
Plus the massive XP you used to get - I had to restart and they catapaulted me straight to lvl 17 before I even looked at the rest of the game.
 
Plus the massive XP you used to get - I had to restart and they catapaulted me straight to lvl 17 before I even looked at the rest of the game.

Jup you needed hours to complete it, but you got massive xp + credits, know they are too easy (DON'T say they are as hard as you chose) and are not even half as much fun as the old ones.
 
When I finally got the Platinum Trophie. Countless grinding needed (got it before the exp boosts).
 
Getting my FGT was AWESOME but....

Driving my X2010 in Nurburgring listening My Favourite Game (The Cardigans) was pure pleasure.
 
My favorite moment is when I beat the x1 challenge. It took a week but when I beat it it was worth it. Kinda. Not really. I don't drive it anymore. But Bob loves it!


LOOOOL! My Bob has fallen in love with my Red X2010. Couldn't agree more with your post.
 
Back