Favourite Iron Maiden Song?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom
  • 24 comments
  • 2,093 views

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
Messages
6,390
United Kingdom
Kent
Messages
tombrookscomms
Well I'm a massive Maiden fan but my favourite song has to be:



What's yours?
 
This should go in the Metal Thread

:)

Anyways as for the topic...



Never been much of a Maiden fan but it's one epic piece of music.
 
Hallowed be thy name or 22 Acacia Avenue get my vote.

But my knowledge is limited....

Do I have to post videos?

:irked:👍



 
^^ Hallowed be Thy Name by a mile, I remember road tripping whilst listening to it.

I'm also very fond of this gem:

 
Hey Tom! Mine is a little different. I like Iron Maiden but could never listen to it in large doses. Sorry!

My song is s sentimental choice. My best friend from when I was 8, grew up and joined a band. We had some awesome parties. When the band was all there this song got played and they all 'Air' played instruments. The drums got particular attention and it always made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AxJ2oqi0U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He got sick a few years ago. His family has Huntington's Disease running through it and he got real bad and died. I miss him so much and this song helps me smile whilst thinking of the good times.

See you on the track Tom. My car will be the one with Iron Maidens 'Run to the hills' blasting out of the stereo. :)
 
^ I'm sorry for your loss. :( Good that you have a good memory that won't fade. :)

Anyway, on topic, their best song isn't decidable, so here is a number of best songs.













Just saying. These are seriously some of the best songs on the planet. I am also the first one to post anything written in the Blaze Bayley days. And anything written after 2000 (that's where the best stuff is).

(Sorry for so many songs, but I can't decide on one Maiden song.)
 
Last edited:
Hallowed be thy name and Paschendale for me. Also afraid to shoot strangers scores pretty high in my book.
 
It's so sad when I listen to Afraid to Shoot Strangers on my Ipod and people are like what song are you listening to? So I tell tehm and they are like WHO THE HELL IS THAT BY? So I say Iron Maiden and they are like oh...Shame Maiden isn't nearly as well known anymore. Very rarely I will find an older gentleman that will come up to me and say hey nice shirt, it's good to see young kids like you listen to good music. Maybe if I'm lucky, JUST MAYBE, I'll hear them, 1 time all year on the radio. Come to think of it, it's been since 2009 since I've heard them over the air not listening to a Sunday night special or something. Normal broadcast, nothing.

For me my favorites Maiden songs go in waves. For a while, all I'd listen to was Live After Death. Then it switched to Powerslave, Fear of the Dark/No Prayer, Somewhere in Time, a combo of new stuff from 2000-present, and now over to Seventh Son/No Prayer.

I've got to say, the Trooper live scores pretty high on my list (ah, the memories headbanging with my buds to this song). As well as Moonchild and The Evil That Men Do, and Infinite Dreams as well as Wasted Year. I took a real liking to the heavy synth they used in the mid 80s.. I've got so many I could talk on an on about, I'm a die hard Maiden fan, I'd defend them for life. But what really makes me mad is when I tell someone to Up the Irons they are like what...

@ OP

Pulled from Wikipedia:

To this day, it (The Trooper) is considered one of the best heavy metal songs ever recorded
 
Last edited:
It's so sad when I listen to Afraid to Shoot Strangers on my Ipod and people are like what song are you listening to? So I tell tehm and they are like WHO THE HELL IS THAT BY? So I say Iron Maiden and they are like oh...Shame Maiden isn't nearly as well known anymore. Very rarely I will find an older gentleman that will come up to me and say hey nice shirt, it's good to see young kids like you listen to good music. Maybe if I'm lucky, JUST MAYBE, I'll hear them, 1 time all year on the radio. Come to think of it, it's been since 2009 since I've heard them over the air not listening to a Sunday night special or something. Normal broadcast, nothing.

For me my favorites Maiden songs go in waves. For a while, all I'd listen to was Live After Death. Then it switched to Powerslave, Fear of the Dark/No Prayer, Somewhere in Time, a combo of new stuff from 2000-present, and now over to Seventh Son/No Prayer.

I've got to say, the Trooper live scores pretty high on my list (ah, the memories headbanging with my buds to this song). As well as Moonchild and The Evil That Men Do, and Infinite Dreams as well as Wasted Year. I took a real liking to the heavy synth they used in the mid 80s.. I've got so many I could talk on an on about, I'm a die hard Maiden fan, I'd defend them for life. But what really makes me mad is when I tell someone to Up the Irons they are like what...

@ OP

Pulled from Wikipedia:

To this day, it (The Trooper) is considered one of the best heavy metal songs ever recorded

I work for a Radio Station this one in fact I do a show between 6 and 8pm GMT on a Wednesday and play as much rock as possible (only allowed to play about 2-3 rock songs per show, the other stuff is all the modern bollocks). Listen in if you can, I always play Maiden at least once a week and sometimes let the listeners decide which Maiden song they would like to here 👍 Rock on \m/
 
I work for a Radio Station this one in fact I do a show between 6 and 8pm GMT on a Wednesday and play as much rock as possible (only allowed to play about 2-3 rock songs per show, the other stuff is all the modern bollocks). Listen in if you can, I always play Maiden at least once a week and sometimes let the listeners decide which Maiden song they would like to here 👍 Rock on \m/


Not sure if it'll come in here. I live in NY, do you have a link or are streaming online?
 
Not sure if it'll come in here. I live in NY, do you have a link or are streaming online?

We stream online and worldwide 👍
 
Link me, I'd like to listen to this sometime.


Sad though, around here we are extremely lucky to hear it played. They inspired me to grow out my hair, 6 inches past my shoulders now =P
 
Link me, I'd like to listen to this sometime.


Sad though, around here we are extremely lucky to hear it played. They inspired me to grow out my hair, 6 inches past my shoulders now =P

Cut mine last September (Not short by any means) and it's now about 5 inches past my shoulders, people say I should get it cut "because I look like a girl" well 🤬 you! It's called Metal and get 🤬 used to it!! :D Rant over :lol:

And sure buddy, the link's here

I am on tomorrow between 6 and 8pm GMT, if you can listen in then shoot me a PM on here and I'll know when to Maiden-it-up! :D
 
Cut mine last September (Not short by any means) and it's now about 5 inches past my shoulders, people say I should get it cut "because I look like a girl" well 🤬 you! It's called Metal and get 🤬 used to it!! :D Rant over :lol:

And sure buddy, the link's here

I am on tomorrow between 6 and 8pm GMT, if you can listen in then shoot me a PM on here and I'll know when to Maiden-it-up! :D

Might not be on but I can try. Will have to get The Evil That Men Do in there =P


And yeah, I get that a lot. CUT YOUR HAIR! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't headbang without it.
 
Might not be on but I can try. Will have to get The Evil That Men Do in there =P


And yeah, I get that a lot. CUT YOUR HAIR! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't headbang without it.

So I'm not the only long haired Maiden fan on here? 👍 👍 COOL! I get the hair cut comment a lot, then people ask can I cut your hair. :rolleyes:
 
So I'm not the only long haired Maiden fan on here? 👍 👍 COOL! I get the hair cut comment a lot, then people ask can I cut your hair. :rolleyes:

Constantly I hear it. So annoying. I'm a metal fanatic, you people have obviously never met a die-hard metal fan.
 
Until today I would have said Iron Maiden were only ever good for two songs, Run To The Hills and Can I Play with Madness. Now though, Hallowed Be Thy Name and The Trooper can be added to that list, along with 22 Acacia Avenue.

This isn't your typical scream into a microphone as loudly as you can making no sense at all metal. Those songs were awesome, thanks guys! :)
 
This isn't your typical scream into a microphone as loudly as you can making no sense at all metal.

You obviously don't listen to a lot of metal if that's your impression.
 
I like 'Run to the Hills' and 'Two Minutes to Midnight' the most.


 
You obviously don't listen to a lot of metal if that's your impression.
True. I've never been a metal fan, ever. Been more of a 70's rock kind of guy, but those songs I mentioned were amazing! :)
 
Maiden are awesome, my favourite song by them has gotta be Fear of The Dark, followed closely by Hallowed Be Thy Name and the Wicker Man

UP THE IRONS!!!!
 
Transylvania, Killers, Wrathchild, Ghengis khan, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed be thy name, The rime of the ancient mariner (my number one), still life, flight of icarus and powerslave spring to mind, just to name a few.

Clansman too, for obvious reasons.
 
Transylvania, Killers, Wrathchild, Ghengis khan, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed be thy name, The rime of the ancient mariner (my number one), still life, flight of icarus and powerslave spring to mind, just to name a few.

Clansman too, for obvious reasons.

Agreed with all of the above, particularly warming to this number.

 
I love that song with a passion, and Deja Vu is also extremely good but no solo. The 8 different harmonies make up for that lol.


Any of their Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son material is extremely complex stuff. Even better because Somewhere in Time has no keyboards. All the keyboard like sounds are guitar synthesizers. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was the first album to feature keyboards. Great music.
 
Back