Favourite season of the year?

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 23 comments
Germany
Hanover/Germany
alexpkas
Which is yours? I highy preffer spring over any other. The days are noticably getting longer, brighter, warmer. The nature "explodes" around you so to say. I love it. 2nd would be summer I guess (super long days over here in northern Germany, mostly very warm/hot, grilling meat, going for a swim, always light clothes). 3rd is autumn I guess. Can be warm, the days are not extremely short, and the beautiful leaves in October. 4th is obviously winter, which I still like. It would be third, if we would have any kind of effing snow over here, which rarely happens.

I searched for such a thread, but didn't find any. So what is your favourite time of the year and why? Where do you live?

I did a little collage of my favourite spring shots I made, which I would like to share with you, as for most of us, spring is right around the corner. :)

Also I did a little comparison between all seasons, by doing shots at the same spot over the course of a full year. It's a forest in my hometown I like to visit for some "Waldeinsamkeit"=the feeling of longing of some solitude/loneliness/calm in the forest. You might enjoy it:

Also autumn and winter:

Last edited:
I will say Winter. Summer has its perks, mainly being able to swim but dang Summer gets too hot and humid at times. Winter is fine, I don't even think it gets that cold where I live, still wearing shorts and a shirt. It's also easier to sleep too in Winter which is good for my job since I need to get up really early in the morning

Last edited:
Autumn for sure. Warm days, cool nights, football, nice selection of fresh harvests at the farmer's market, nice colors, it actually rains, and it's just a pleasant time of year.

Winter. Having only 3 seasons here; hot, rainy and hot, cool, means there’s not as much of a choice as in a temperate region. It’s nice not to have to run the aircon constantly.

I see all 3 of you are coming from warmer regions. I guess I can understand why you would choose winter :)

Whatever May-June-July counts as. It's the only time of year when the days are a sensible length for my stupid night owl circadian rhythm.

Late January until late June, late September and October I enjoy the most. Especially warmer cluody, rainy and windy nights. Other periods I usually enjoy, much more than before. November was especially unpleasent, but now I find it relaxing since there is less to do outside lol

Autumn weather is weird, Winter sucks because I don't like cold weather and Spring is too unpredictable. Summer it is.

Summer every time, I love the sun and I love going out when it is nice and hot. I was born in the UK but I should have been born in Bombay or Jamaica. 26C or more is the weather it should be all day everyday.
I basically become a hermit in winter I hate the cold so much.

You cheecky bud ;) This year might be finally Ferrari's, eh?
Big Max fan myself but credit where it is due Ferrari have been awesome Leclerc has been brilliant, Italy this weekend so I expect Ferrari to pull out all the stops for victory in Italy. Mercedes Oh dear hahaha.

Summer every time, I love the sun and I love going out when it is nice and hot. I was born in the UK but I should have been born in Bombay or Jamaica. 26C or more is the weather it should be all day everyday.
I basically become a hermit in winter I hate the cold so much.
Yeah German and UK winter weather is rather similar, so I can sympathise. 26 degress C is pretty much my sweet spot as well. ;)

Summer baby! Whats not to like; bikinis, beaches, picnics, road trips....

Jerome

Autumn. Its harvest season, day and night have the perfect length, the colorful leaves make a spectacular sight, the sun has still power while temperatures are very pleasant, it makes a great time to travel and go hiking. The only thing I don't like about autumn/fall is that it always seems to be the shortest season by far. If I had godlike powers I would cut a chunk out of winter and replace it with more autumn.

Last edited:
Autumn. Its harvest season, day and night have the perfect length, the colorful leaves make a spectacular sight, the sun has still power while temperatures are very pleasant, it makes a great time to travel and go hiking. The only thing I don't like about autumn/fall is that it always seems to be the shortest season by far. If I had godlike powers I would cut a chunk out of winter and replace it with more autumn.
Here ya go: ;D

Any time but now. When the air quality ranks up their with some of the worst in the world. It’s called Burning or Smokey Season for obvious reasons.
It’s literally hazardous to spend more than a few minutes outside. I carry and wear a respirator throughout this season.

Currently at No.6:
B43A75A5-8CF6-42BD-BC66-A1CD1EACF702.png

This is unfortunately due to the topography of this region. The pollution from burning fields seems to accumulate here due to the surrounding mountings.

Unfun fact: I moved here from number 8 on the rankings (Chongqing) expecting a nicer climate.

Last edited:
Back