FDC - Finnish Drift Club

• Thread starter Forcone
  • 28 comments
Forcone-FIN
Forcone
Hi folks!

I've done some research and come to the verdict that there's no Finnish drift teams here on GTP. Personally I think that is a flaw that needs to be corrected straight away!

So, my question is, are there other Finns out there, willing to have some drifting fun every now and then, mostly evenings...?

Not sure about the name of the ”team” yet, it could be for example FDC (Finnish Drift Club) or something equally cheesy.

OK. What would the requirements for becoming a member be? Here's a few I just thought of:

- You like drifting, you find it fun and rewarding!
- You are generally interested in cars and drifting, motor sports all together.
- You can behave yourself
- You don't take video games too seriously
- You feel a sudden urge to vomit every time someone begins arguing that slithering about in an overpowered 4WD is ”drifting” (ok, don't get mad, there's other threads for this debate :D )

So post if your interested! My PSN ID is Forcone-FIN, and I'm from Jyväskylä, if someone's interested.

New ideas and thoughts are most welcome!

I'm not from finland but i think it's a nice idea of you..

I would expect a lot from this team though; finish people tend to know how to handle a rear wheel powered car quite well!

Lots of snow and dirt drifting?

Yeah, I truly hope we find some proper drifters! Or at least people willing to learn. :)

And yes, clarification: You don't need to be a pro drifter. I'm not one either. I think I know my way round an RWD car somewhat well, and can try and teach the less experienced, but I have never competed in drifting, nor have I driven in a team. So I'm basically a noob in terms of team-drifting.

Lots of snow and dirt drifting?

Yeah I guess there has to be a few "promotional" snow/dirt showdowns to celebrate our heritage. :D (To be honest, I think I can count the times I've driven on gravel with an RWD in GT5 with one hand's fingers....)

I'm from Finland and I like to drift. Everytime I am bored in GT5, I go to find drift server. :P

I think, I'll be hosting a "free practice" room this evening after work, if I have time. I'll post the room name and number if/when I make the room.

Non-Finns are welcome too! But of course it would be great to be able to draft in a few fellow-Finns in the team...!

edit: OT: btw does a generic USB mic work for communicating in GT5? I have a Rock Band usb-mic, but have never tried if it works. And if it does, it's either constantly on, or controlled by voice level or?

Last edited:
All righty then!

Took a while, but the server is running.

Room name: GTP FinnishDriftClub
Room ID: 1472-6118-4259-7711-9218

Welcome to this "free practice session"!

hey there!i sent you a friend frequest like 3 days ago..but our internet is down.. atm so cant play gt5 now..

joo mut kiinnostusta olis kuiteski:)

hey there!i sent you a friend frequest like 3 days ago..but our internet is down.. atm so cant play gt5 now..

joo mut kiinnostusta olis kuiteski:)

Yeah I got it, and accepted =) Have been quite busy lately, but I think I'll be hosting this evening again! So prepare for some proper mad Finnish drifting action!

Ps. My "signature car" is the old R129 SL600, that might give you a clue of the level of lunacy.

Last edited:
Room is up and running!

Name: GTP FinnishDriftClub
ID: 1472-4711-0467-9863-0829

Thanks for some nice drifts guys! Already a few guys interested in joining the team. Great! =)

Ps. Damn that first corner of Suzuka East on full lock and full throttle on fourth gear feels goooood!

Last edited:
Gooood! Just add me guys, there should be room on my list! :)

I'm sorry, that I've been quite busy lately. I have two different jobs at the time, so finding time to play is a bit difficult at times...

I'll try to find the time tomorrow (Sunday) to host, feel free to join for some drifting fun! (It will probably be sometime during the evening)

Hello, I might come and visit you fellows some day... Atleast I'm willing to learn and participate. If its okay, I could use some of PSN id's found from here to add as my friend. I could start farming money via online races with b-spec :P

Samakait se.

Niinjoo, Ruottalainen poikittain.

Last edited:
Anyone who want's, can add me, just put in message that your from gtplanet or gt drifting etc.

ps. Ondalf look in psn message box :)

edit: Forcone if you come active someday, add me... i added you about 2 weeks ago and no response.

Anyone who want's, can add me, just put in message that your from gtplanet or gt drifting etc.

ps. Ondalf look in psn message box :)

edit: Forcone if you come active someday, add me... i added you about 2 weeks ago and no response.

Yeah, I'm sorry. This working pace is killing me, no proper free time for over a month now. Bit of a shame really. I'll be more active from the beginning of August. =)

Hi guys! At last, working doesn't consume every minute of my life.

How 'bout some drifting fun this evening? =)

Dont know,just thought if some of those finnish drifters were still around here,guess not..but inline i know he is still on ps3 sometimes

It's really not a team, it's a club :) And it's been very quiet for many months, and they are thinking of maybe closing this up (suprise)

Seal, when we are online at the same time, send a message so we can drift (it's been awhile)

Latest Posts

Back