Feature comparison PC version vs. consoles versions

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by bulls23, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bulls23

bulls23

Maybe it's just me, but it seems one can't find any info on what the consoles versions will have as features compared to the PC version. Of couse on a high end Pc system the game will be at much higher resolution and fps...but what about all the other fancy stuff PC sims offer and consoles don't (yet)?
    • Multi-screen support (like Forza or GT...I'm guessing 3 or 5 consoles needed like before?)
    • Additional dashboards, rev-lights etc. via Apps and tablets
    Do you guys have more info?

2. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

• More extensive wheel support on PC.
    Very little has been confirmed in the way of feature differences. I guess we'll know more closer to launch.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  3. GTP Red Pill

GTP Red Pill Premium

This from the FAQ posted here;

Johnnypenso likes this.
  4. bulls23

bulls23

I'm not a native speaker...but "w.r.t. core tech" means something like "regarding core tech" right? I that case, my question is still valid and I already supposed the basic game and physics would be the same ;-)

5. FLX1981

FLX1981

6. Willfred_1

Willfred_1

your question has been answered. The only differences maybe grid numbers and graphics.

7. bulls23

bulls23

Another possibility would be using a PSP or Vita (I think there was a Gran Turismo demo once with a PSP as rear view mirror) if staying within one "eco-system" is the problem.
    I guess you're right, and we'll have to wait some more for the console features to be made public like the PC features.

8. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Yes, with the Sony Xperia z3 phone and tablets (and now z2) able to play remotely using the ps4/ds4 with only a little lag you would have thought Sony would at least allow a little real time data to stream to an app on one of it's phones. I can understand the apps developed for the PC couldn't be used for PS4 without modification and this might not be deemed cost effective from SMS' point of view (if that were the case). It would just be interesting to know so maybe PS4 players can tell Sony what they want.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Sony would probably want to showcase and promote the use of their Android phones by their Playstation fanbase. Besides the PS4 Remote Play app, which is a slightly different thing, there is for example the Singstar Mic app.

I wonder, though, if they would also want to keep that sort of feature for GT7...

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  10. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

I would have thought the best use for a companion app for Project Cars on a PS4 or XBone would be to allow other functions to be custom mapped to touch screen areas of the tablet/phone. Stuff that a little delay doesn't matter on like changing the head up display data or changing brake balance while driving (both the sort of thing that might get mapped to a keyboard on a PC sim).

11. DG_Silva

DG_Silva

Again, given the opportunity, I'm sure it's something the devs would love to do (and possibly will do on the Wii U), but the restrictions being put on the devs by the Second parties mean that this is unlikely. However, never rule anything out, and maybe once the game is released, Sony and Microsoft will see how the game works and see that the game is safe for external applications and data sending.