Feature idea- Internet Radio

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigMackAttack
  • 11 comments
  • 1,376 views
Messages
711
United States
Springfield, Missouri
Messages
brettfavre26
Even though custom soundtracks and BGM are good, It would be nice to have an internet radio feature. When i'm driving, I sometimes enjoy the commericals, dj's, and the"*gruntled voice* 99.1- THE MIX"'s. It adds a human element to the music. I also like the randomness of the music, its likely that ill have never heard the song before. Every song in either my CS or BGM feels repetitive, and lacking a human element. Adding a Internet Radio to races would really boost the "Driving Simulator" side and add enjoyment to racing. If we could also flip through stations while driving, that would be superb (finally give my left stick a purpose). And Sony has already gotten into Internet Radio, via the PSP. So, what do you think about this idea?
 
Why not just play it on your phone or computer?
 
Even though custom soundtracks and BGM are good, It would be nice to have an internet radio feature. When i'm driving, I sometimes enjoy the commericals, dj's, and the"*gruntled voice* 99.1- THE MIX"'s. It adds a human element to the music. I also like the randomness of the music, its likely that ill have never heard the song before. Every song in either my CS or BGM feels repetitive, and lacking a human element. Adding a Internet Radio to races would really boost the "Driving Simulator" side and add enjoyment to racing. If we could also flip through stations while driving, that would be superb (finally give my left stick a purpose). And Sony has already gotten into Internet Radio, via the PSP. So, what do you think about this idea?

I use my PS3 with my Pc monitor/speakers, so 2 channels (one: radio, two: GT5) it's a good setup. :D
 
I listen to local radio when I'm in the car. How about PD making their own internet radio? This is D-D-D-D-DJ Kaaaaaaaaz, live on 95.7 PDFM! :sly:
 
If only last.fm worked on the PS3...while being able to play simultaneously with games that support custom soundtracks (more specifically, GT5). That would be the day though!
 
This isn't really too bad of an idea, I guess some people might listen to the radio. Not me though, I prefer my ipod :)
 
I listen to local radio when I'm in the car. How about PD making their own internet radio? This is D-D-D-D-DJ Kaaaaaaaaz, live on 95.7 PDFM! :sly:
:lol: I would love a DJ Kaz.

"And this is DJ Kaz wishing you a Merry Christumas!"
 
If you want to listen to radio you could always turn BGM off and turn your radio (or computer) on. But, what if there was a GT radio station in game that mostly featured songs from old GT's and news about GT5 and Motorsport in general? Obviously there'd have to be regional variations but I think it could be managed.

Thinking of it, I wonder if GTPlanet could run thier own internet radio station?
 
could listen to lemansradio whilst doing the 24du mans on gt :D
 
My laptop is almost always open in front of me while I am playing GT5. I can run iTunes, stream just about any radio station around the world, or listen to Sirius while I'm playing. What could be better than those options??
 
Good idea but meh. A huge radio sits somewhere on top of my TV.
 
I play online radio through my phone or my computer.
 
Back