Feature requests for the Livery Editor

• Thread starter Latetzki
  • 6 comments
Finland
Finland
Latetzki
Latetzki
First I have to acknowledge that .SVG import is really neat feature and it certainly saves the Livery Editor, because in my opinion it's pretty outdated in few areas. What I would like to see:
  • Layer grouping and saving them as decals
  • Multiple layer select (so that you can move, scale, rotate and skew them)
  • One click action that mirrors everything from one side to another
  • Alpha values for colors

All of these things have been for years in Forza and from experience I can say that they help a lot.

Hopefully there wasn't a topic like this one already. I couldn't find one.

First I have to acknowledge that .SVG import is really neat feature and it certainly saves the Livery Editor, because in my opinion it's pretty outdated in few areas. What I would like to see:
  • Layer grouping and saving them as decals
  • Multiple layer select (so that you can move, scale, rotate and skew them)
  • One click action that mirrors everything from one side to another
  • Alpha values for colors

All of these things have been for years in Forza and from experience I can say that they help a lot.

Hopefully there wasn't a topic like this one already. I couldn't find one.
This is an old thread, but I think one that needs addressing. Being able to group your decals should be a simple thing to implement. Being able to cut/copy/paste said groups would be excellent, and make this WAY better. There’s nothing worse than working on a livery on one side of the car for an hour and realize it’s off by a few inches. Or that you want to put it all on the other side. I just finished drawing a number on the side of my car (specialized numbers, not simply using the font decals) and I realize I need to move it a few inches, which will take 10 minutes per number. Even worse, if you duplicate a decal on the opposite side, it doesn’t go in the right spot (I’m talking numbers/letters here). It’s very frustrating and it SEEMS like a simple fix

The feature i want most for the Editor is for the Mileage exchange to offer all colors at all times.

I have at least 5 partially done liveries that are just waiting for a proper metallic gold colour for it.

The mileage exchange rotation is a pain. On a similar not I'd also like to be able to just buy wheels whenever I wanted. Ideally directly from Liver Editor, pick the car start scrolling through and then see one you like and just buy it there and then.

Insert/replace livery. So you can do the attributes on one decal, copy & paste it numerous times, and then be able to replace the decal with another while keeping the attributes the same for all of the consecutive decals. I.e skew, color, & size of a letter decal, transferring from one letter to the next automatically to spell out a word without needing to repeatedly recolor, resize, reskew, or "measure by eye"(see Midnight Club L.A. for reference).

Special Paints for decals OR inverted "negative" decals that show the paint color underneath in the shape of the decal (also, ala Midnight Club L.A.).

Custom Candy/Pearlescents colors on Matte, Flake, and Metallic paints.

Permission to change Wheels and Racing Items (number, name, headlight cover, etc.) on liveries downloaded from others.

Ability to change, remove, or delete a livery when choosing a vehicle pre-race in every game mode.

Last edited:
I would like for text to be input like a text box and then font, color, skew, size, etc. applied to it as a whole. Give us a few fonts to work with instead of individual letters and find the font equivalent of SVG to allow user-created styles.

Post / vote on requests here. We already have a feature request sub-forum, why not put it to good use! :)

Back