Fed up with the Voice chat

• Thread starter Rdp616
  • 26 comments

Rdp616

(Banned)
United States
SW, PA
Suzukiboi
I can't be the only one having this problem (Also had this same problem in GT5) No matter what i have the voice chat settings on, it still breaks up, and sometimes won't work for minutes at a time, the strangest thing is, depending on what car i take out on to the track, it will break up really bad, or it will work just fine.

Last night for example, me and a friend are racing on midfield, i do a car change to a Ford GT, come out on track, my voice instantly starts breaking up to him, back out of the track, voice chat goes back to normal, nice and clear. Come back out onto the track in a different car, perfectly fine, switch back to the Ford GT. Voice is breaking up again.

It is literally the most annoying, and stupid thing i've ever come across in GT, as if the game doesn't have enough problems. Anyone else have this issue? It's one of the reasons i quit playing GT5 online..

The voice-chat on TDU2 was bell-clear. We would gather around in some glade - my TDU2 pals and me, and just sit in our cars and chat. Free international calling. :)
Unfortunately Gran Tusimo lobbies don't offer that. It's jarring, iffy, and completely unpredictable. I find that Players tend to use text more - and even then it's not a perfect system.
While many of us prefer mics off while racing or live-tuning, (loud coughing and babies crying are not my idea of the right ambient sound, either) it is an important part of the online experience, and I agree that it is a problem that Sony/PoDi should address.
At the moment the service is medieval.
But, maybe, not needing yet another separate discussion about it. ;)

The voice-chat on TDU2 was bell-clear. We would gather around in some glade - my TDU2 pals and me, and just sit in our cars and chat. Free international calling. :)
Unfortunately Gran Tusimo lobbies don't offer that. It's jarring, iffy, and completely unpredictable. I find that Players tend to use text more - and even then it's not a perfect system.
While many of us prefer mics off while racing or live-tuning, (loud coughing and babies crying are not my idea of the right ambient sound, either) it is an important part of the online experience, and I agree that it is a problem that Sony/PoDi should address.
At the moment the service is medieval.
But, maybe, not needing yet another separate discussion about it. ;)

I'm not sifting through threads to see if anyone else has had the problem... I'll make a discussion about it if i well please, especially, since i've NEVER seen anyone else report voice chat acting up depending on what car you take out on track..

Is it what car - or a specific time, or type of lobby?
For instance - can you reproduce the problem - as in can you specifically take a particular car at any given time to any given lobby and have the voice-chat break-up when only in that particular car?
If so then it is a new and particular problem, and may warrant a discussion specific to that problem. We would want to know what these particular cars are.
Can you elaborate?

As for making any discussion that you well please - please please the staff, too. ;)

Is it what car - or a specific time, or type of lobby?
For instance - can you reproduce the problem - as in can you specifically take a particular car at any given time to any given lobby and have the voice-chat break-up when only in that particular car/
If so then it is a new and particular problem, and may warrant a discussion specific to that problem.
Can you elaborate?

As for making any discussion that you well please - please please the staff, too. ;)

It's completely random as when it happens, but once it happens, i can reproduce it depending on what car i take out on track, track doesn't matter either, neither do the voice chat quality settings, time settings etc etc etc...

And again, i'll let a staff member tell me if the thread isn't necessary..One reason i don't frequent this forum that much anymore.. Everyone thinks they're a mod, telling people "This doesn't need another discussion" Contradictory on your end telling me this doesn't need yet another discussion, yet still answering questions?

As for the discussion being necessary - it may be, it may be not. I give every discussion a fair chance to be unique. :)
Sometimes the OP may not be quite clear - and could be taken as the same old hat - at least I'm not ignoring your thread completely. ;)
I'm sure you agree that clutter makes a Forum hard to navigate, as well as spreading the discussion on a subject better focused on in one place. Not spoken as a mod but as a fellow Forum user who finds clutter inconvenient.

You say it's a random break up of voice chat - that has been documented many times before - not just a random breakup of the voice chat but many other problems with voice-chat.
Again to be more specific - when you say you can reproduce the problem with the same car - does this mean you can quit, and then retake the car online again and have the same problem?
Does this mean you can take the same car out on another day and have the same problem?
If so, what is the car?
Maybe some of us can try it out and see if the problem is one that effects everybody, or whether your problem is personal.

I'm guessing internet needs to be stable fot it to work, which of coarse is hard to pull of with PD Servers. Whenever I had struggles with Pokemon Voice Chat, Internet would eventually disconnect from the server.

As for the discussion being necessary - it may be, it may be not. I give every discussion a fair chance to be unique. :)
Sometimes the OP may not be quite clear - and could be taken as the same old hat - at least I'm not ignoring your thread completely. ;)
I'm sure you agree that clutter makes a Forum hard to navigate, as well as spreading the discussion on a subject better focused on in one place. Not spoken as a mod but as a fellow Forum user who finds clutter inconvenient.

You say it's a random break up of voice chat - that has been documented many times before - not just a random breakup of the voice chat but many other problems with voice-chat.
Again to be more specific - when you say you can reproduce the problem with the same car - does this mean you can quit, and then retake the car online again and have the same problem?
Does this mean you can take the same car out on another day and have the same problem?
If so, what is the car?
Maybe some of us can try it out and see if the problem is one that effects everybody, or whether your problem is personal.

Clutter is the least of this forums problems.. As for being able to re-create the sound on different days yes, i have done that a couple times. Try a Ford GT on Mid Field, or Circut de la Sierra or whatever it is, see if you have the issue? I will say it doesn't happen as often with more people in a room. More so when it's just me and 2 or 3 other friends, rather than a full room.

What car i take out on track should not effect voice chat, it is the dumbest thing ever. Again, one major reason why i quit playing GT5 online, same issue.

I'm guessing internet needs to be stable fot it to work, which of coarse is hard to pull of with PD Servers. Whenever I had struggles with Pokemon Voice Chat, Internet would eventually disconnect from the server.

Well, yes, most times, instability in online activity can be traced to a bad connection or mediocre server.

I had very stable experiences in GT5, and in fact quite stable experiences in the early days of GT6.
Not so much now - across the Board and in many types of situations, not just vice-chat breaking up, but many other online stability issues.

I wonder whether it's a problem from the TS's end and not actually a specific car (as stated in the OP and other posts the TS provided upon questioning); if it is it would be interesting to duplicate and correlate.

Clutter is the least of this forums problems.. As for being able to re-create the sound on different days yes, i have done that a couple times. Try a Ford GT on Mid Field, or Circut de la Sierra or whatever it is, see if you have the issue? I will say it doesn't happen as often with more people in a room. More so when it's just me and 2 or 3 other friends, rather than a full room.

What car i take out on track should not effect voice chat, it is the dumbest thing ever. Again, one major reason why i quit playing GT5 online, same issue.
I don't see the issue with Text Chat.

I don't see the issue with Text Chat.
LOL.. well text chat only needs to send a few bytes but text chat is beyond lame. If that were my only option to communicate in game then there would be no communication being done. I HATE trying to type anything with the controller much less the wheel and to even imagine that anyone would try to do so in a race is beyond me. It needs to be voice or nothing at all.

Been having similar issues with GT6 since forever, with my voice input randomly not being transmitted through the game, even though it works fine in every other environment.

The game seems to have issues with sound formats in general actually, considering how long custom music playback has been problematic (and still isn't perfect).

Not to mention text chat thinks every other word is a cuss word lol.
It uses Sony's word censoship for chats, it includes words from all languages, if your sentence has a cuss word in portuguese, even though the message is in english, it gets censored. All to keep that E.

I gave up on GT6's in-game voice chat a long time ago. The club I race with has a TeamSpeak server set up which we use for communication and has been pretty good for the past few months. This also helps improve the room quality since we can disable the lobby's voice chat option to save bandwidth.

Text chat is nice to have in between races though or if any announcements need to be made.

......xsnipx..........I HATE trying to type anything with the controller much less the wheel and to even imagine that anyone would try to do so in a race is beyond me.

Try a keyboard - it's a lot faster. 👍

I use a keyboard myself, with wheel plugged in, and controller active so that I can use all three peripherals as and when required.
This is not to say that Sony's text-chat system is equal to e-mailling - it lacks in many ways. I use only TXTspeak, and many abbreviations, though, if and when I use a keyboard and there are no mics. The guys I usually speak with understand the difference in language (they also rap with me in here where I tend to use, more often than not, semi-formal language.)

Not to mention text chat thinks every other word is a cuss word lol.

One of the biggest headaches with the system - seeing stars. :ouch:

I use a keyboard myself, with wheel plugged in, and controller active so that I can use all three peripherals as and when required.

Same here, but it's a pain having to change the controller assignment each session.

As for voice chat, I've not noticed anyone's voice chat getting better or worse throughout a session, if it's good it tends to stay good, if it's bad it tends to stay bad - but I don't really play online that often.

Yes it would be, especially if you were setting at a desk with a proper keyboard stand but still text chat in game ???
If it was still the 1990s then I would say fine but it is not the 90s anymore and PD needs to learn this. Here in the 21st century we have VOIP, we have the ability to save 1000s of tunes per car we have the ability to have a full set of leaderboards both local and online. We are no longer looking to be limited to 3 tunes per car, a 10 position local only leaderboard and being reduced to typing on a controller or buying a keyboard to type in race messages on. Don't they know that it is illegal to text and drive ;) Maybe they should add some cops to the tracks and bust anyone using the chat during a race.

As for having problems with the voice chat I can't say I have experienced any other than users not having a mic connected. Then again I rarely use the in race voice chat. Most of my friends also have an xbox and we will often start a party on xbox while playing GT so that we can chat even when not in the same lobby or while in career mode.

Same here, but it's a pain having to change the controller assignment each session.

You can eliminate that problem this way, Matski:

# Make sure nothing is plugged into the PS3 to begin with, PS3 off, and the GT6 Disc already in there.

# Power on PS3
# Activate cordless controller by pressing PS button.
# Log into PS3 (Not PSN) account.
# Plug Wheel into USB 1
# Plug Keyboard into USB 2

Everything should work seamlessly now; it does for me, and for others to whom I've told this.
If you need to plug in additional peripherals use a splitter or USB hub.

As for voice chat, I've not noticed anyone's voice chat getting better or worse throughout a session, if it's good it tends to stay good, if it's bad it tends to stay bad - but I don't really play online that often.

Well . . the point of this thread was not really another 'epic-whining-and-crying about mics-broken-again, forza-wins, GTsucks thread. The TS had a rather peculiar problem: Particular car - (Ford GT - sic) when used randomly (in rooms of 2-3 people)would lead to the hiccup. Other cars/tracks okay. So - apart from the fact that this ruins the game for him (at least online as stated in the OP) it would be interesting to find out whether it is a catastrophe affecting him or a crisis affecting the mass of players.

The much awaited post in here would be the one where someone actually comes in and says they tested it out. We need to take a Ford GT (what model?) to Midfield, enable mics, get two others to join (maybe also in Ford GTs, to kick it up a notch, and have a ball throwing static.
If all goes well - as in no break up of voice-chatter in the test - then the TS's problem is unique to his connection-situation.

I'm pretty sure the voice chat has nothing to do with any certain car/track combo. (Except sound on Bathurt screws up a lot)

I have had many instances when some peoples' mic will not work. When nobody is on the track, it will not work sometimes. When everybody is on the track the same thing happens. And when it is a mixed amount on or off the track. Also, in the race. The game's voice chat feature just sucks!

What else is there to say?

You know what, mic users are often annoying as 🤬 as I hear :censored:s cussing and bullying and other 🤬 like that. So, please vote for this.

;)

So you want people to vote for a feature for the purpose of figuring out who has a voice chat just so you can avoid these "annoying" mic users? Isn't that not what a mute button is for?

Also, that's rather broadsweeping as I've come across many rooms where the users weren't bullying other people. Actually, I've yet to come across one with that going on. Yes I've come across swear rooms, but usually it hasn't involved insulting others.

So you want people to vote for a feature for the purpose of figuring out who has a voice chat just so you can avoid these "annoying" mic users? Isn't that not what a mute button is for?

Also, that's rather broadsweeping as I've come across many rooms where the users weren't bullying other people. Actually, I've yet to come across one with that going on. Yes I've come across swear rooms, but usually it hasn't involved insulting others.

Well, the suggestion was primarily and originally due to I used custom music feature and that mics in Open Lobby and custom BGM don't mix. ;)

Id sooner use text chat. Voice really annoys me. I never join lobby's with voice on. Hate it when people start yelling or just mouthing off. least text controls what is said.

Latest Posts

Back