Feeling Let Down (Premature?)

Which is the players CHOICE not FORCED. Forced = Grinding. Anything else = player choice. That is not grinding.

If content is locked behind an unrealistic game economy then that's a different thing. Bad game design.
All gameplay is by choice unless someone is holding a gun to your head. Restricting access to certain content via a poorly designed game economy is the recipe for grinding, by definition. It is always optional to grind or not that is a moot point.

I feel the same but I can't judge yet.

We've only seen small parts of the campaign and still have stuff to be revealed...dlc.

I feel the same but I can't judge yet.

We've only seen small parts of the campaign and still have stuff to be revealed...dlc.

The problem is, is Polyphony, with the glacial pace they are known for, really going to reveal a fully fledged campaign that is reminiscent of past GT titles in the next, oh, two or so months? Or release one as DLC in 2018?

It's looking pretty obvious that this is the direction they believe GT and the sim genre is destined to head in. It's their perogative, and whether they want to believe it or not, is up to them. But nevertheless, it's driven a wedge into the entire fanbase.

The problem is, is Polyphony, with the glacial pace they are known for, really going to reveal a fully fledged campaign that is reminiscent of past GT titles in the next, oh, two or so months? Or release one as DLC in 2018?

It's looking pretty obvious that this is the direction they believe GT and the sim genre is destined to head in. It's their perogative, and whether they want to believe it or not, is up to them. But nevertheless, it's driven a wedge into the entire fanbase.

We'd have to presume that they're well aware of this, so it is definitely a very calculated design choice on their part. What baffles me more is, ok, so there isn't an immersive career mode offline like we've become so attached to. Ok, then what is so great about the online alternative they've replaced it with? So far what do we even know about it? The chance to get a FIA license is great for the fraction who could realistically pursue it, but what about all the other millions of fans?

This to me is the big problem with online focused gaming. It just feels like the perfect excuse for developers to skimp on content and creativity because it's gotten to the point that simply giving players a means of competing in any game is all that's required.

It kind of reminds me of a drug habit actually, and I think all these developers and publishers know it. EA, Activision, Ubisoft, XBox Live in general are the biggest purveyors but I'd hate to think Sony's first parties are going to start relying on it as well.

Don't get me wrong, the game still looks like exceptional efforts have been made for what's there, and I've already preordered the limited edition because I know I'll love the gameplay, but I just can see this direction backfiring if they let things get too far removed from what millions of fans have grown so accustomed to. They have to understand this, which is what kinda makes it hard to believe that they'd let things slide that much.

Last edited:
We haven´t seen the real fallout yet.

A lot of people are still waiting to judge, thinking that the driving missions will provide them endless hours of fun. Once people realize it´s a bunch of mini challenges that can be completed in one or two sittings, people will be really mad.

In 2016, I'm really hope when GT Sport was anounced. I'm a really big fan and I spend more than 300 hours on GT6. When I see the report of the game, this don't make me feel bad because I haven't a PS4 in this period. In January 2017, I buy a PS4 to play GT Sport. One week after, Project CARS 2 was anounced, so I begin to think I will buy this 2 games.
I have played the European beta, and the game looks great, but not really innovating. The info from Project CARS 2 and GT Sport are unveils. As and when I see GT Sport does not feature some option that GT6 have (night/day, rain, dynamic hours, career mode, some good track like le mans or spa), but have 1000+ scapes. He also have a big part of non-real car. At this moment I really see that this game is more made for picture taken fanatic.
In a other hands, we have PC2 who have the largest dynamic weather I see (night/day, rain, season) and the live track 3.0 is if it's like they said a big revolution. He also have a good career mode (for the people who don't pay the online pass on ps4), a E-Sport mode, new real track, new real cars (the exclusivity of the McLaren 720S). A upgraded photomode in comparison of the photomode from PC1.
pc2 is perhaps not as beautiful as gt sport but it is sufficiently realistic.
An another thing alert me about GT Sport. During the beta, on time, it have a race on blue moon bay (a fictionnal track). In the top 10, it only have the wrx gr.3. An update is launch during this period and changed some portions of the route. A portion formerly bent is found flat. After this update, we never see the subi on any top 10. To conclude to this sentence, PD is capable to change a ficionnal track just to diversify the ranking, but some cars still underused because they are less good than other. This can't happen in PC2 (like in pc1) because all the cars are equilibrated and don't need the changement of the track.
I can continue a big time with this.
To conclude, in 2016 I could have launch a preorder for GT Sport (I don't make it because I hasn't the Ps4), but since the reveal of the infos, I preorder PC2 and I expect that gt sport price drop.
I still waiting more info about the online mode of gt sport (not sport mode, the free online mode but I do not expect much from him).
as someone said a little higher, Gran turismo Sport is going to sell well because it is gran turismo!
Project cars is still new

I was ready. From 2016 when GT Sport was supposed to launch I was ready.
Then came "An update on Gran Turismo Sport...." I didn't have to read the update to know they game was delayed. I just felt it. I didn't mind however, because I knew they were doing what they can to release an awesome game, plus they had to fine tune for the PS4 Pro and the PSVR, that's three platforms. So I understood.

I understood and prepared. The New Thrustmaster TGT Wheel, was gonna get that! The PSVR Headset? Was gonna get that too! What about the PS4 Pro? A must buy for GT Sport. I was prepared to go all in to get the what I presumed would be the best racing experience on the planet. I love GT and want Gran Turismo to be where I spend my time and effort.

One year later and I feel let down. As the title states, this is indeed premature in some cases, as the game isn't out yet. My issues? First let me give credit where it is due, PD's graphics department is unbelievable and I know in video and screenshots GT Sport might very well be the best looking Racing Title for some time to come. Tracks, Cars, Livery Editor, Scapes all look top tier and we must applaud them.

Issues:
No Dynamic Weather - I really anticipated dynamic weather and am disappointed due to its absence.
No Dynamic Time of Day - This is also a major disappointment. Endurance races won't be the same without it.
Unconfirmed - No Proper damage model - I haven't seen it, but it could be in the game, but this is PD, so it could very well not be in the game.
RAIN??? -- The game is weeks away and I haven't seen a drop of rain - Please PD - this can't be it - prove me wrong.
No "true" Campaign Mode - The license test and blah blah blah blah, just won't cut it. Sorry! that IS NOT A CAMPAIGN MODE Polyphony Digital. FIX THIS Dammit !!!!

So Where am I right now? A GT obsessed person who bought a PS4 Many years ago primarily FOR Gran Turismo?
I am now looking grudgingly over at Project Cars 2. I am biased so I will say its disappointingly so. And No. Project Cars 2 on a PS4 or Pro isn't where its at currently. I wanted the VR Experience I though PD was going to deliver. What I was expecting GT Sport to be, PC2 on a High End PC looks a lot like it. I don't know If I will make that plunge, High End PC, HTC VIVE, etc, but I'm, seriously considering it. I must say i think Racing games and VR go hand in hand, more so than any other title.

That ends my rant, for now at least, PD still have time to prove me wrong and make me happy. But will they?
Yes you are prepared for Pcars 2. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Where can you get a collectors edition?
There are many reasons to be pessimistic and doubtful about what GTS will end up delivering. The lack of rainy weather, significant car damage, and VR support (**** 1v1 rally racing; that game mode doesn't exist to me) being shown indicates that those features won't be included in the shipped product. I hope that damage will still make it, since an implementation of it existed in the beta. As for rainy weather and VR: I suppose those features require a lot more hardware resources, and PD is having trouble optimizing that.

I'm going to pre-order the Collector's Edition, but I'll wait a day or so for review scores to get published. If they're mediocre, I'll return the game and enjoy F1 2017 and Project Cars 2 instead.

Project cars 2 timing spot on, first out, racing fans tired of waiting for nice foto's
Gt sport will give us, 4K or not most of us dont even own 4K tv yet.
All i want is a good racing game.

I lost so much hope and interest in GT in past year.
I can't remember when was the last time i wanted to start my PS3 and play GT6.

Sure the sounds are great now, and the graphics are incomparable.

But what else do we get?

Some exclusive cars and a made up car classes.
Some of the cars don't make sense either.
Volkswagen Beetle and Mazda 6 in the GT3 class?
Mazda should have taken their RX-Vision concept into the game ffs!!

Online real-time competition events.
And most of the game is oriented around this.

Scapes - truly breath-taking, i'll give them that.

Livery editor. An actual menu to paint and detail your car visually.
Yes, in a GT game.

Damage is only under the hood, so yeah.

No course creator.

PS4 Pro, okay yeah. For those who have an extra mile to pay, AND a TV to handle it. PSVR, "spend a lot, for a demo".

€500 or $600 just to play the game. Standard PS4 1TB D Chassis and the Standard GTS.
N-no, actually f-no. With that pricing i can buy a premium airsoft weapon with upgrades and play as a Pro.

Project cars 2 timing spot on, first out, racing fans tired of waiting for nice foto's
Gt sport will give us, 4K or not most of us dont even own 4K tv yet.
All i want is a good racing game.
PCars 2 anticipation seems to have dropped off a cliff. It's a week (or so) away from release, yet mainstream coverage seem far less than F1 2017. Which itself came and went with barely a ripple.

I myself have cancelled my pre-order. I like everything I see, although I feel they are over extending themselves with Rallycross and such. The lack of console coverage, even technical specs for each version, has me worried. I don't think it's acceptable for pre-orders to be going live, yet so little to be known about console performance, technical specs, UI etc., which so blighted the first version. I'm also worried the online community will quickly move on once GT Sport releases.

I will undoubtedly pick it up at a later date, but with GT Sport and Assetto Corsa, all the bases are already covered.

PCars 2 anticipation seems to have dropped off a cliff. It's a week (or so) away from release, yet mainstream coverage seem far less than F1 2017. Which itself came and went with barely a ripple.

I myself have cancelled my pre-order. I like everything I see, although I feel they are over extending themselves with Rallycross and such. The lack of console coverage, even technical specs for each version, has me worried. I don't think it's acceptable for pre-orders to be going live, yet so little to be known about console performance, technical specs, UI etc., which so blighted the first version. I'm also worried the online community will quickly move on once GT Sport releases.

I will undoubtedly pick it up at a later date, but with GT Sport and Assetto Corsa, all the bases are already covered.
Will wait this week and if they don't show anything PS4 related officially I cancel my preorder too. All I'm seeing are the PC press builds having those annoying AI and bugs like PCars1 had.

Back