Ferrari 12Cilindri (812 Superfast Succesor)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT

1714700337143.png

1714700362790.png

1714700382336.png

1714700392188.png

1714700404707.png

The 6.5-liter, 65-degree unit is the latest evolution of Ferrari’s F140 V-12, first used in the Enzo two decades ago. Here, it makes 819 naturally aspirated horsepower at 9,250 rpm and 500 pound-feet of torque at 7,250 rpm, with redline set at a screaming 9,500 rpm. There’s no hybrid assist either—Ferrari has managed to meet all the relevant emissions standards without relying on electrification.

Paired with the engine is an eight-speed dual-clutch gearbox mounted at the rear, which promises 30 percent quicker shifts than the 812’s transmission. Given the 812 was one of the quickest-shifting cars on the road, we can only imagine what this feels like. A switch to taller 21-inch tires effectively shortens the gear ratios by 5.0 percent, contributing to better acceleration. Ferrari quotes a 0-62 mph time of 2.9 seconds and a 0-124 mph time of less than 7.9 seconds. The Spider is barely slower, with acceleration times of 2.95 seconds and 8.2 seconds, respectively. Top speed for both is above 211 mph.

In terms of size, the 12Cilindri is slightly bigger than the 812 Superfast in most dimensions, though the wheelbase is an inch shorter. The design is similar to what we’ve seen with the Roma, with more technical detailing. The black panel ahead of the hood and between the lights references the plexiglass panel found on early examples of the 365 GTB/4 Daytona. Really, the whole thing is quite Daytona-esque.

Inside, you get the now-traditional Ferrari steering wheel festooned with controls, but unlike a lot of new models from the brand, there’s a central infotainment display. Otherwise, the cabin isn’t too different from what we’ve seen in the Purosangue, minus the rear seats.

The 12Cilindri costs $423,000 (€395,000) for the coupe and $466,000 (€435,000) for the convertible.

I really don't know. It looks more like it could be a Supra than a Ferrari.

The Roma may be bland but it's pretty in a classic way. This thing is cool but it's not pretty. It looks like a Gundam helmet.

1714700337143-png.1352210

2022-Ferrari-Roma-40.jpg

One of these looks like it's made by an exotic and luxurious European brand while the other looks like a Kia.

Also, come on Motor 1...
A switch to taller 21-inch tires effectively shortens the gear ratios by 5.0 percent, contributing to better acceleration.
That's the opposite of how that works!

Gyah. The problem with this thing is it's a good design...it's just a bad Ferrari. It would make for an incredible Supra, RX, or Z. That said, Mazda has already shown us an RX concept and it's way prettier than this.

New_Ferrari_V12_ext_02_white_media.webp

Last edited:
Those are the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. I'm guessing the black-ish panel between the headlights is a nod to the 365 Daytona but... it just doesn't work. The whole thing looks like a Mansory bodykit for an Aston Martin Vantage...

I'm assuming this is taking the place of their flagship V12 GT since production on the Superfast ended with the GTS/Competizione orders being fulfilled to close out the 812.

Edit* Oh, thread title. Duh.

Price point didn't actually change much from a 812. I think technically cheaper.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the 8Cilindri spinoff :sly:

(fr that's the one thing I don't like is how obvious the name is. Can live with the black panel between the headlights if I could have the panels above the brake lights on either side of the rear window painted) (I'm too broke to make these choices)

I like the simplicity of it trying to echo the styling of the 365 Daytona rather than being overly fussy for the sake of aero.

The Spider version shows some more trad 5-spokes. I would imagine they're available on the regular hard top version too.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 9.46.36 am.png

Last edited:
Those wheels are better but now they clash with the design of the car.

Huh. Didn't know Opel/Vauxhall wanted to branch out into the supercar space /S
1714745155518.png

...on a serious note, it's not bad looking. I like the rims, oddly enough. The name is properly dumb though, even if it sounds marginally better in Italian (Dodici Cilindri as opposed to "Twelve Cilindri").

The name is properly dumb though, even if it sounds marginally better in Italian (Dodici Cilindri as opposed to "Twelve Cilindri").
I think it's official name is Dodici Cilindri.

Top Gear Mag
This new Ferrari ultra-GT is called the 12 Cylinder. But Maranello would prefer you wrapped your lips around their way of talking… and called it the Dodici Cilindri.

Quite similar to how Testarossa is not just "red head" and it has to be said with an Italian accent.

The Daytona-inspired front and the clean side profile mean I already like it more than the 812. Possibly their best looking Super GT since the 550.

I like the design because it has interesting elements like rear and 365 influence is not just nostalgia bait, name is a bit cringy though. Wheels are fine to me

I’d like that in Verde. Maybe go a step further with those retro hockey stick wheels and add a small horizontal dit to form an “F”. Similar the old school Pirelli P wheel.

Those deep dish 365 GTB/4 wheels alone smash the new car.

…and nother thing. Why some brands lose their past identities with changing the taillights. BMW did it years ago and Ferrari are doing it. Make the round taillights work with this design.

Last edited:
In my opinion definitely not as beautiful as the 812 Superfast, however, I'm assuming it will grow on me once I see it more. Personally, I think it looks better in grey as compared to the usual red (I know).
1714968275273.png

The name is weird, numbers are pronounced in whatever language you speak. If they want you to say it in Italian they should spell it out in letters.

As for the design, I like it. Feels like it’s going to age well.

The name is weird, numbers are pronounced in whatever language you speak. If they want you to say it in Italian they should spell it out in letters.

As for the design, I like it. Feels like it’s going to age well.
I've long ago given up hope that Ferrari will somehow start naming their cars better. They're all dumb. I think it started (in the modern period anyways) with the 550 Maranello and the geographical names. When they ran out of relevant place names they started getting abstract. The worst is, by far, LaFerrari, but this one is definitely up there.

Last edited:
“I bought the new Ferrari.”
“Cool. Which one?”
“The twelve cilindri.”
“The twelve what?”
“Cilindri.”
“Whats that?”
“Cylinder. In Italian.”
“Aight.”*rolls eyes “You spent all that money for that?… Take it easy, man.”*walks away shaking head

“I bought the new Ferrari.”
“Cool. Which one?”
“The twelve cilindri.”
“The twelve what?”
“Cilindri.”
“Whats that?”
“Cylinder. In Italian.”
“Aight.”*rolls eyes “You spent all that money for that?… Take it easy, man.”*walks away shaking head
I chalk it up to the same kind of marketing consumer geekaroid approach that came up with RACE as Ferrari's stock ticker. Yeah...I get it...Thank God Ferrari actually puts in the engineering because they've become pretty cheesy. It's like they flipped the script from the 1980s when the brand itself carried them through years of poor engineering/quality. Now the quality of the cars has to make up for the (IMO) unsavory way the brand has been commercialized. I'm genuinely surprised they haven't made a serious push in the mid-range fashion space that Gucci has been so busy filling with absolute crap for the last decade - seems like an addressable market the shareholders would be enthusiastic about...uh...addressing.

I've long ago given up hope that Ferrari will somehow start naming their cars better. They're all dumb. I think it started (in the modern period anyways) with the 550 Maranello and the geographical names. When they ran out of relevant place names they started getting abstract. The worst is, by far, LaFerrari, but this one is definitely up there.
To be fair, I would say Roma and Portofino sound good. However, it's obvious they didn't spend much time on Superfast and FF.

Last edited:
I like the look of this new Ferrari but damn, the name sounds stupid even in italian :lol:
I must imagine that "Dodici Cilindri" must sound okay-ish in other parts of the world, but here it sounds like as if the car hasn't got much going for it other than the engine.

I'm genuinely surprised they haven't made a serious push in the mid-range fashion space that Gucci has been so busy filling with absolute crap for the last decade - seems like an addressable market the shareholders would be enthusiastic about...uh...addressing.
I really hope you don't have the gift of prophecy, because that'll just mean a Macan/X5/some other Instagram wankpanzer rival.

Latest Posts

Back