Ferrari 458 Italia at Nurburgring Nordschleife (manual shifting, sports hard, ABS=1)

• Thread starter Ezza75
  • 4 comments
GTP_Ezza75
Hi there,

Nurburgring Nordschleife 7:26.200 lap onboard Ferrari 458 Italia, using G25, manual transmission, sports hard tyres, ABS=1, all other assists off.

Enjoy the ride. Thanks for watching.

Kind regards
Ezza75

Great video! 👍

I'm going to try this one for myself!

I did the Nurburgring 24 h with the Ferrari 458 in 8:51.654 with Sport Softs. Ok, my lap was not perfect, but I'm still pretty saticfied with the time..

Also did the same race with a 430 Scuderia for comparison. Time: 8:56.511

For both cars:
Manual gearbox
Grip reduction:real
Tyres: Sport Soft
All aids OFF
ABS: 1
Stock Ferrari 458 (oilchange was made), Stock Ferrari 430 Scuderia (oilchange was made)

Great video! 👍

I'm going to try this one for myself!

I did the Nurburgring 24 h with the Ferrari 458 in 8:51.654 with Sport Softs. Ok, my lap was not perfect, but I'm still pretty saticfied with the time..

Also did the same race with a 430 Scuderia for comparison. Time: 8:56.511

For both cars:
Manual gearbox
Grip reduction:real
Tyres: Sport Soft
All aids OFF
ABS: 1
Stock Ferrari 458 (oilchange was made), Stock Ferrari 430 Scuderia (oilchange was made)

Thanks mate. Try with sports hard tyres....a bit harder initially to drive quick, but when you get used to hard tyres, it's a more rewarding and satisfying drive nailing a fast clean lap.

I don't remember changing the Grip Reduction setting, so I think this lap was with Grip Reduction=Low. Otherwise, my 458 is stock, with oilchange.

Did you use stock suspension and all that ?

I found that this car doesn't sound like its real life counterpart and that it understeers like a pig specially under braking :(

Dissapointed really.

Did you use stock suspension and all that ?

I found that this car doesn't sound like its real life counterpart and that it understeers like a pig specially under braking :(

Dissapointed really.

Yeah, all parts are stock, no mod parts were purchased. However, brake bias can be adjusted to suit your braking style...pretty sure this is the only settings that can be changed for a stock 458. I experimented with different brake bias for front & back, and found F=5, B=2 suited me best.

I found the understeer annoying as well. After a few laps of crashing, I started to brake much much earlier for every corners than I usually do at Nordschleife...finished all braking in straight line, turn into corner, and gradually squeeze throttle pedal smoothly. After a few laps of practising doing this, and getting used to Sports Hard Tyres' lack of grip, you will start to figure out where & which corner you can push a bit more, and where you really have to take your time respecting the corners and stay super smooth & neat.

Latest Posts

Back