Ferrari 458 on the carrusel, poor rate of survival

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambob
  • 5 comments
  • 1,127 views
Messages
1,612
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Messages
NobleAtreides
This car handles ALL areas of the Nordschleife, as long as you treat her right, and settle her nice and direct, it will punish your half assed efforts, and it will reward you with all the right things, however,

in the Carrusel, you can drive it like a gramama and why must I? I toss my Ruf RGT at 115km in it and it flings out like a sling shot inducted by a gravitational pull that is so welcoming to better laptimes :D

The Ferrari? it feels like I have to stop and wipe my driving socks before entering the section and it STILL oversteers , even with raised suspension, that I love anyhow on this track.

grrarg.

/2.08 rant, looking foward to 2.09 tonight.
 
The trick to the carousel is to keep your passenger tires on the embankment, and your driver tires on the flat area

this works very well for me. most cars can do it around 75 mph. get back on the throttle when you straighten out

hasnt let me down yet 👍
 
Indeed, there are a few other cars I have to baby through the carrusel or just avoid it all together. The Caterham 7 comes to mind. I love my setup for the entire track but I get whipped out of the carrusel unless I go painfully slow, but occasionally I can get it just right, the sweet spot, and nail it.
 
The trick to the carousel is to keep your passenger tires on the embankment, and your driver tires on the flat area

this works very well for me. most cars can do it around 75 mph. get back on the throttle when you straighten out

hasnt let me down yet 👍

Yessir, this usually works.
 
Learn to drive better.
 
Back