Ferrari 512 TR 1991

• Thread starter nick77
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
electronicnick
1992_ferrari_testarossa-pic-55092.jpeg

The Ferrari 512 TR can accelerate from 0–97 kilometres per hour (60 mph) in 4.90 seconds and on to 161 km/h (100 mph) in 10.70 seconds. It can complete a standing quarter mile in 13.20 seconds or a standing kilometre in 23.40 seconds. The maximum speed the 512 TR can attain is 314 kilometres per hour (195 mph).

The 512 TR sports a 4.9 litre (4,943 cc or 301.6 cu in) Ferrari Colombo engine 180° F-12 engine longitudinally mid mounted. Each cylinder has four valves, with forty-eight valves total, lubricated via a dry sump system and a compression ratio of 10.00:1.These combine to provide a maximum torque of 491 newton metres (362 ft·lbf) at 5500 rpm and a maximum power of 319 kilowatts (434 PS; 428 hp) at 6750 rpm.

Changes from Testarossa

The 512 TR's engine was modified in many ways. Nikasil liners were added, along with a new air intake system, Bosch engine management system, larger intake valves, and a revised exhaust system. In addition to the higher peak power, the modifications delivered a more broad power curve for better acceleration.

Gear shifting effort, long a complaint about the Testarossa, was eased with a new single-plate clutch, sliding ball bearings, and better angle for the shifter. The braking system included larger front rotors and cross-drilling all around. Quicker steering, lower-profile tires, and new shock settings improved handling. Most importantly, engine and gearbox position was rethought, which improved the centre of gravity, aiding the handling and making the car less fearsome on the limit. The 512 TR has 18-inch (457 mm) wheels with a width of 8 in (200 mm) at the front and 10.5 in (270 mm) at the rear.

The interior was revised too, with the centre console split from the dashboard, and the climate controls relocated. Pininfarina tweaked the body of the car to better integrate the spoilers and engine cover and update the design in line with the recently released 348.

Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Testarossa#512_TR

Last edited:
I saw that they have put 1984 as suggested year , I don like the mirrors :(

I really like the asymmetrical styling, which includes the single mirror and the single intake in the front valance but overall I think this is a better design, the engine cover no longer has a flat section, the front valance and sills are body coloured and the larger more detailed wheels finish it off. The least said about the later F512M the better IMO.

I really like the asymmetrical styling, which includes the single mirror and the single intake in the front valance but overall I think this is a better design, the engine cover no longer has a flat section, the front valance and sills are body coloured and the larger more detailed wheels finish it off. The least said about the later F512M the better IMO.
Hm, okey , I like the 1989 Testarossa, it has the single intake in the front like you said but it has the mirrors like the 512TR :) The best of both worlds :)

Latest Posts

Back