Ferrari California

Canada
British Columbia
Synapticgap
I'm almost embarrassed to bring this up. Here I thought myself an advanced player, using the in-game RA menu, breaking in engines to increase performance, etc., but I guess I don't know everything after all...

I noticed that my California has a hard top. On mygraturismo.net, it's a convertible, and I have raced online against it and the top was down and I could see the opponent driver in the car...
How do I drive my convertibles open top? Is it a setting or function, a tuning part or option somewhere that I am still (wow) unaware of somehow? Or does it depend on the course's time/weather setting?

I do know some of my cars don't have a roof, like the Caterham and the Chapparral 2J for example, and karts and track cars also often don't have roofs, but I can't explain why my California always has the top up while other players are seen driving it open...

Simple as this: do not add a wing to the California and your roof will be down in the race. It's not a "hardtop" but rather a "hardtop convertible" . When you have a wing on it for some reason if forces the roof up in a race.

jgancherjr
Simple as this: do not add a wing to the California and your roof will be down in the race. It's not a "hardtop" but rather a "hardtop convertible" . When you have a wing on it for some reason if forces the roof up in a race.

I don't believe it... does that force the top down then, or does it come up during rain?

Sorry, I did not subscribe to this thread so I did not see your response.. Did you try removing the wing?

jgancherjr
Sorry, I did not subscribe to this thread so I did not see your response.. Did you try removing the wing?

Yes, I removed the wing and instantly, the top comes off. I now drive the car open online, but I have not yet raced it in weather and cannot confirm whether it stays open during rain.

Are there any other cars like this?

Yes, I removed the wing and instantly, the top comes off. I now drive the car open online, but I have not yet raced it in weather and cannot confirm whether it stays open during rain.

It stays open during rain, even if you enter the track during rainfall.

Are there any other cars like this?

Not that I'm aware of, I'm quite certain the California is the only instance of this.

It stays open during rain, even if you enter the track during rainfall.

Not that I'm aware of, I'm quite certain the California is the only instance of this.

The Miatas also, and I assume a few other Premium(not sure) convertible cars.

ryzno

My Miata always has the soft top up.... doesn't matter if you have a wing or not. Also the BMW Z3, and other convertibles. The California is the only convertible that has the top down

Do tell me how you got your Miata's roof to stay down, I'd love to be able to do that :lol:

Team THRT Drift
My Miata always has the soft top up.... doesn't matter if you have a wing or not. Also the BMW Z3, and other convertibles. The California is the only convertible that has the top down

Premium Shelby Cobra has no top. Unlike the standard AC

Pictures or it did not happen, haha. No seriously, I think the California is the only one with a very few other exceptions.

My Miata always has the soft top up.... doesn't matter if you have a wing or not. Also the BMW Z4, and other convertibles. The California is the only convertible that has the top down

Fixed :)

UrieHusky
The Shelby Cobra has no roof, so naturally the 'roof' is down :lol:

Thought it was more like a toss it in the trunk top. The AC cobra standard has the awful top on.
It being a pain in the butt to put on shouldn't eliminate it as a convertible.

Edit: Aren't all these metal bits in the back sticking up to attach a roof? And the 3 holes in the doors for the windows?
ky08631b_9_zpsade2560c.jpg

UCXLHFROOFUP_880x660_zpsddab167f.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the removable LeMans hardtop? Or the soft top? Either way, yes the premium Cobra ought to have one or the other. I don't think it has either on-track.

Thought it was more like a toss it in the trunk top. The AC cobra standard has the awful top on.
It being a pain in the butt to put on shouldn't eliminate it as a convertible

Sure, they did have a roof option - however in GT5 the car is treated as an open top which was my point 👍

It's also worth mentioning that not all Cobras had a roof.

Back