Ferrari Challenge Physics Good or Bad?

• Thread starter Sumpington
  • 6 comments
Sumpington
Walt Sobchak 22
Hey all. Well I recently got a PS3 and GT5P and F1:CE. Both are good games and GT5P is great with the DFGT wheel. I thought it wasn't much fun with the pad.

Anyway, how are the physics in Ferrari Challenge? I come from a lot of Forza 2 driving and I like the physics in there, really feel connected with the road. For example, the game GRID you feel like the car is floating and rotating about a center axis instead of all 4 corners planted. I also I like games that are fun with the pad and wheel since hauling out the full setup for the wheel doesn't happen all the time.

Any info is appreciated. 👍:):dopey:

I searched the word Physics and got nothing! :) Although I frequent another forum that uses a different format. I am still trying to figure this one out :dunce:

I am putting this on my gamefly today after reading your thread. thanks!

Hey all. Well I recently got a PS3 and GT5P and F1:CE. Both are good games and GT5P is great with the DFGT wheel. I thought it wasn't much fun with the pad.

Anyway, how are the physics in Ferrari Challenge? I come from a lot of Forza 2 driving and I like the physics in there, really feel connected with the road. For example, the game GRID you feel like the car is floating and rotating about a center axis instead of all 4 corners planted. I also I like games that are fun with the pad and wheel since hauling out the full setup for the wheel doesn't happen all the time.

Any info is appreciated. 👍:):dopey:

The physics of fc are bad in my opinion, as you can read in the link posted by biggles. I described it as like driving a plate of jelly, but your description of the car turning round an axis is also relevant to fc. Also the claims on the back of the box about 50 cars are just plain unadulterated lies.

With ABS off I still cant seem to lock up the tires. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe they do lock just not like in GT? IDK when I slam on the brake with abs off the cars just slows down but nothing really happens car feels that same as when abs is on. I get no skid or tire squeal

not even close to being an accurate description of the physics in FC. If anything, the physics are the exact opposite of that.

I was playing it the other night, and i swapped to the chase cam view. Something look wierd when turning round corners and i think that turning round an axis is a good description of it. Mind you, your experience of the game and mine may differ because the developers never saw fit to release the patches to fix the physics problems for the pal version like they did for the na version.

Back