Ferrari challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter rodney007
  • 11 comments
  • 1,119 views
Messages
47
Messages
NZ_rodney007
Here is my challenge (I'm not that quick)

Conditions:

Track: Top gear

Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Oil change: No
Tyre: Sport soft
Tune: Only default allowed

Aids: None allowed

"Basically its a stock car with soft tyres, no changing anything no oil change".

Honesty appreciated

My time to beat: (no active steering)
1:12.535 (g25 wheel , padal shift)
 
Last edited:
While I like the idea, I don't think you can have a time trial challenge and allow active steering...

Also are you talking standing start or full rolling start? Personally I wish they had included standing start TG time trials, but think its a bit ridiculous trying to do your own standing start.

Either way, I accept your challenge. There should be more of these threads, what with the lack of leaderboards and all
 
While I like the idea, I don't think you can have a time trial challenge and allow active steering...

Also are you talking standing start or full rolling start? Personally I wish they had included standing start TG time trials, but think its a bit ridiculous trying to do your own standing start.

Either way, I accept your challenge. There should be more of these threads, what with the lack of leaderboards and all

well active steering should be renamed to realistic steering. or steering self centering.



does the steering in your car in real life try to correct itself when coming out from a corner? yes... well it should do.

You can only feel active steering with a steering wheel anyway, with it off feels like you have no feel with the road. and rose joints in your steering are over tightened
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure Active Steering does a lot more then centering the wheel.
 
Pretty sure Active Steering does a lot more then centering the wheel.

Well do you have a wheel?
Have you tried it back to back with it off?

Do you drift?

when you kick a drift out... and let go of the wheel (IN real life) the wheel follows the road and turns as the body wings around,

not all the way but it does ,

in GT5 with it "on" it does this, with it "off" it does nothing, giving no feeling of what the steering is doing.

When racing in gt5, you won't notice it like when your drifting. My time i set was with it off.

This can happen in real life if you over tighten rose joints in your steering linkages.
 
if it's not noticeable when racing then leave it off, I don't like the idea of any aids.

and what soft are we talking about, sports soft?
 
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Active Steering is an aid designed to auto correct oversteer etc. Hence why it is found under driving aids not hardware settings...
 
^
ASM does more to correct oversteer, just loss of stabilty..

Active steering is a steering aid that actually steers for you, not to an extent where you can turn it on and just press gas and win the race, but it will try to follow to racing line. You can set it off, so you are in 100% control of the cars steering, mild, where it will have some help with a little steering, and high means that it will be steering on the racing line at 70-80% capability.

Although the op is technically right by saying with active steering on, it will straighten out when exiting corners, but thats just because of the active steering automatically guiding you straight at the end of corners, Not because of an advanced steering option. In fact, I keep keep active steering off and my wheels still straighten like their supposed to.
 
Some horrible cars can be made less horrible with it on, but to be honest i find it ruins the driving experience of the game and makes the steering wheel act in strange ways. If you're going to do a time attack thread then most people will not be interested unless ABS is the only driving aid available, the Ferrari certaintly doesn't need them.


Edit : I'm not buying another car for the sake of not having an oil change, its the first thing I do when I buy every car, not to mention the price on a Ferrari is not exactly cheap. But i guess its a reasonable rule. I suspect times in the late 1.11 will crop up.
 
Last edited:
you still haven't mention what does "soft" tires mean......sports soft? racing soft?
 
Back