Ferrari Enzo vs. Nordschleife

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 23 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
I just bought and spent some time with the Ferrari Enzo on the Nordschleife, trying to get close to the real life lap time there. After just over 200km of driving the Green Hell my best lap was a 7:38.611, while the real life one is 7:25.210 (video below)

I'm still 13 seconds shy of the real life time, but as you can see there is definitely room for improvement. Despite those 13 seconds, I'm fairly happy with the lap, aside from going on the grass before the long straight, losing time.

I will be making further attempts later to improve my laptime and get closer to the real life record, but gonna let this one stick for now. I believe with getting to know the car better and pushing harder, I should be able to reach my goal of matching the real life Enzo lap :).

I'm running the Enzo completely stock. That means default tuning and settings and Sports Hard tires. It's no joke to try to push this car, but man is it fun! :).

I use ABS on default setting but all other aids are off. Setup is a Logitech G29, mounted on Next Level Racing Wheelstand, using manual shifting (paddle)

Here is my lap, onboard and replay angle:

For those interested, the real life lap can be seen here:

Thanks for checking in! :cheers:

I'm not sure about this. Ferrari has a history of doing shady things when it comes to roadcar laptimes. Was that an official run or just some guy doing a hotlap in his personal car?

If the former is the case, Im willing to bet it was tuned in some way / not on stock tires / was toyed with specifically for the track..

I'm not sure about this. Ferrari has a history of doing shady things when it comes to roadcar laptimes. Was that an official run or just some guy doing a hotlap in his personal car?

If the former is the case, Im willing to bet it was tuned in some way / not on stock tires / was toyed with specifically for the track..

This lap time is at least on lap time records on the web, Wikipedia and elsewhere, so I guess it's official.

I do think though that Sports Medium/Soft are probably closer to real life stock tires on this car, but obviously I have no real life experience with this caliber of cars :D

I've said this many times and I'll say it again: The fact that the LaFerrari and many other super cars have zero front downforce in GT Sport is complete bullcookies! :crazy:

Nice lap though, carry on :)

Like others have said, sport softs are going to be more realistic to what the RL car had. I notice you were hitting the rev limiter a few times as well as having traction issues when accelerating. I bet with these changes you could knock a few more seconds off at least.

Like others have said, sport softs are going to be more realistic to what the RL car had. I notice you were hitting the rev limiter a few times as well as having traction issues when accelerating. I bet with these changes you could knock a few more seconds off at least.

True, might make a run on mediums or softs later, but I'm very stubborn so I'll try to improve on this setting :D. This car is a handful to say the least, have to be really gentle on the throttle. Still feeling in the car, getting to know it better and how far I can push, but I like the challenge :)

For comparison, I just had a go on Project Cars 2 on PS4 using a G29.

Loaded OEM road condition setup (which includes Hard Tyres: Pirelli P-Zero), Authentic Assists, Time Trial mode.
1st lap out, 7:37.960 (only one try, ESP, TC, ABS on)
2nd lap, 7:31.940 (this time turned ESP and TC off)
Second lap was faster due to getting a feel of the car, plus being able to control the power when I wanted to as the Stability Control felt intrusive. Can take another 5 seconds off that time if I kept going.

For reference, I saw 312 km/h at the end of the straight, and the car telemetry showed the Enzo making 629hp there.

For comparison, I just had a go on Project Cars 2 on PS4 using a G29.

Loaded OEM road condition setup (which includes Hard Tyres: Pirelli P-Zero), Authentic Assists, Time Trial mode.
1st lap out, 7:37.960 (only one try, ESP, TC, ABS on)
2nd lap, 7:31.940 (this time turned ESP and TC off)
Second lap was faster due to getting a feel of the car, plus being able to control the power when I wanted to as the Stability Control felt intrusive. Can take another 5 seconds off that time if I kept going.

For reference, I saw 312 km/h at the end of the straight, and the car telemetry showed the Enzo making 629hp there.
PC2 I feel is going to be closest to real life in terms of matching these lap times. Definitely closer than GT Sport.

No they won't. Sports Softs would be equivalent of semi slick, hardcore road tyres (Pilot Sport Cup 2, Pirelli Trofeo-R, Toyo Proxes R888).
Taking the game's actual grip levels into account, they are not. IRL the similar tires that the Enzo has, provide a lot more grip than the Sport Hards in GT Sport. Also I'd say R888 equivalent in GT Sport are Racing Hards due to massive grip these tires have IRL once warmed up.

Taking the game's actual grip levels into account, they are not. IRL the similar tires that the Enzo has, provide a lot more grip than the Sport Hards in GT Sport. Also I'd say R888 equivalent in GT Sport are Racing Hards due to massive grip these tires have IRL once warmed up.
Racing tyres are full slick tyres in GTS. The fact that the grip is one or two levels below what it should be is the game's issue. Road tyres are the comfort ones, premium sports tyres are SH / SM, (SM would be a Pirelli P-Zero Corsa, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S), SS are semi-slick equivalents.

Racing tyres are full slick tyres in GTS. The fact that the grip is one or two levels below what it should be is the game's issue. Road tyres are the comfort ones, premium sports tyres are SH / SM, (SM would be a Pirelli P-Zero Corsa, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S), SS are semi-slick equivalents.
Absolutely, that's what it SHOULD be in theory. Unfortunately until we get the new tire model that might fix that, if you're trying to match a real-life lap, let's say in an Enzo, you're better off using tires a few compounds softer than normally (Sport Softs in this case).

Back