Ferrari F-340 Competizione by Gullwing America 2011

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 6 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage suggest a very "odd" car ... a kind of car you will loved or hate and there is nothing in between ... the Ferrari F-340 Competizione built by Gullwing America from 2011.
In the beginning as a Ferrari aficionado, at first sight i had mix feelings but when I read more about it and look a better look at it's design I become to appreciate the car more and more.
The quality is very high and it's design has something new and something old.
Would love to to have one of those in my garage but unfortunately this is a one-off car.

2ew2q20.jpg

The passion from Arturo Alonso for “La Carrera “ was the wish to built a retro evolution of another Icon, the 1952 Ferrari 340 Mexico Berlineta, a very special car based on the 1952 Ferrari 340 Mexico Berlineta.

That 1952 model was built for competition in the Carrera Panamericana race in Mexico and only three chasiss were bodied by Vignale specially for the Mexican Race.
The number 20 car chassis number 0224 AT, driven by Luigi Chinetti crossed the final lane, in third place behind the two works 300SL Gullwing Mercedes in the III Carrera Panamericana. The car was powered by a v12 lampredi long-block 4.1 liter engine capable of doing a top speed of 174 mph.

The new F-340 Competizione, which pays tribute to the original race car, is actually based on a Ferrari 456 platform, which will receive a 15 inches longer aluminum body, made by hand by Australian Mark Nungent.

At the interior, Gullwing will equip the 340 Competizione with carbon fiber seats, a roll bar, a special luggage set, and a chronometer. The new Gullwing America Ferrari F340 Competizione will be a race car, so it will received competition grade brakes and suspension, together with other racing parts.

Proprietor, Arturo Alonso, from the San Antonio, Texas-based Gullwing America, will be re-inventing the model using modern technology. New additions will include a diffuser, rear spoiler, side vents and front splitters. Another addition are the old school five spoke wheels in 18x8 front and 18x10 rears, with a spinner cap to cover the lug nuts. Specially made to fit this car.

Power will come from a 5.4 liter V12 producing 476 PS (350 kW / 470 hp) including a tuned exhaust and coupled to an original 6-speed manual transmission. Modern technic on the car will include the brakes and taught suspension.

On the inside, the look will remain close to the original car but will feature modern touches such as the carbon fiber seats, a roll bar, a special luggage set and chronometers.

FERRARI is a registered trademark owned by Ferrari S.p.A. GWA Auto Design & Tuning is not affiliated, connected, or otherwise associated with Ferrari S.p.A., and its designs are not sponsored or endorsed by Ferrari S.p.A.

Source: Gullwing America

2cfr382.jpg

wv4sjk.jpg

2a63zoz.jpg

15eenwo.jpg

2sbx2jm.jpg

RELATED CARS

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back