Ferrari F2007 HDMI sound output off?

• Thread starter mikemav
  • 0 comments
Here's a strange one- I have my PS3 connected via HDMI to my Samsung 40" LCD. When I use headphones, I use the optical output instead to my Dolby Digital headphone amp. Both options work fine with all cars, except when I use HDMI on the F2007, some channels are outright missing. Like all you get is L/R in a full surround mix or something- I have not totally tracked it down in detail yet. I think most of the engine sound on the cars (any) comes from center and surround channels (more or less depending on engine location.)

I think what my TV does when it gets a 5.1 or 7.1 digital surround signal on the HDMI is downmix it to playback via the two speakers built into the set (this is good when people come over, as opposed to only headphones, which of course are much better) So in this case, unlike ALL the other cars, there is a different audio config with the F1 and there is almost no sound when connected via HDMI. The optical works fine, but my TV doesn't allow any other audio other than HDMI when you use an HDMI video connection.

Anyone have any idea if or why the F1 car has a different digital audio format?

Back