Ferrari F430- GT5 vs GT5P

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawkeye122
  • 13 comments
  • 3,664 views
Messages
3,915
United States
California
Messages
gdwest1
First of, has anyone noticed any difference?

I remember having the F430 for Prologue, and you could thrash it around, throw the back end out, and have a blast, pouring smoke from the rear tyres, while still being about 90% in control. I wasnt trying to drift, it was just a little oversteer to get me going in the right direction, and a bit of liveliness, it was a blast, I seriously felt like I was making the choices on how the car did things, and doing it well.

Or, you could turn up the TCS to one, and it would stick in the corners like an F1 car (Ok, not that good, but still...), and go very quickly, flat, level, and Chock-full of grip.

It was hands down my favorite car in any GT. If you went nice and smooth, it would drive like a Toyota Camry, only faster. And if you punched it in the face, it would fight back, and make a big, very fast, very exciting scene.

So i sit down with my copy of GT5, and I remember that beast of a car. I found it, picked the colour, and took it for a spin at my track(s) of choice for that car- Fuji and Eiger.

I tried to do the same things and the car seemed sluggish, it wouldnt react all nimble on its feet like the other one did. I tried different tyres, different diff, different suspension, and i just couldnt get it to feel like the one in GT5P. It was less fun, dare I say, about as fun as driving an R8... sterile, and a bit underwhelming.

I even went as far as getting an F430 Scuderia, but that was just a different car altogether, and nowhere near the regular one.

Anybody else notice this? Am I just out of my mind? Does anyone care? Are there other cars from other games that are now better or worse than they were earlier?
 
I often experience a loose tail on the 430 while on the brakes, specially with stock settings. Playing a bit with the brake balance did help me though.
 
I had a similar experience with the GT by Citroen concept. That was a great car in GT5P, fast, sharp, more or less in a class of it's own, or so I remember.
So I go and waste 2,000,000 Cr. in GT5 on the same thing, and it can't even compete in the supercar races.👎
 
Had this "it's different" experience with a Z06 before changing to comf softs.Also check that the SRF is off.Im finding the F430 a little less precise than in GT5P too.
 
Second car I bought was the F430 as I too loved it in Prologue, but I didn't really notice much difference, tons of fun on Sport Hard and a grip monster of Sport Soft.
 
I bought the 430 and the 430 Scuderia expecting a beast of a car. I remember this being the car to have in Forza and in Prologue it was no joke. Now I look at these cars in shame next to my tuned 458 in GT5. They don't even stand a chance at touching the 458 when modded.
 
Now I look at these cars in shame next to my tuned 458 in GT5. They don't even stand a chance at touching the 458 when modded.

So what you are saying is that a cheaper car is no match for a tuned version of a more expensive car?

In the words of Jezza "and on that bombshell....Good night."
 
Agreed, the F430 is crap, I bought 2 of them thinking I would have some fun on sports soft with a car that can't be Aero modded, and therefore is on a level field with anyone else driving a F430.
So far, massive fail.

~630hp and it has no balls at all. in 4th gear I thought it might actually stall a couple times...

Also, there are no tunes for the F430.
There are tunes for the F430 Scuderia, which is not actually a valid car name.

It is very grippy on sports soft, but I suspect that is because it has NO POWER.

If I remember, I'll do some time trials vs a Scuderia this weekend, and some general debugging to eliminate programmer error.


First of, has anyone noticed any difference?

I remember having the F430 for Prologue, and you could thrash it around, throw the back end out, and have a blast, pouring smoke from the rear tyres, while still being about 90% in control. I wasnt trying to drift, it was just a little oversteer to get me going in the right direction, and a bit of liveliness, it was a blast, I seriously felt like I was making the choices on how the car did things, and doing it well.

Or, you could turn up the TCS to one, and it would stick in the corners like an F1 car (Ok, not that good, but still...), and go very quickly, flat, level, and Chock-full of grip.

It was hands down my favorite car in any GT. If you went nice and smooth, it would drive like a Toyota Camry, only faster. And if you punched it in the face, it would fight back, and make a big, very fast, very exciting scene.

So i sit down with my copy of GT5, and I remember that beast of a car. I found it, picked the colour, and took it for a spin at my track(s) of choice for that car- Fuji and Eiger.

I tried to do the same things and the car seemed sluggish, it wouldnt react all nimble on its feet like the other one did. I tried different tyres, different diff, different suspension, and i just couldnt get it to feel like the one in GT5P. It was less fun, dare I say, about as fun as driving an R8... sterile, and a bit underwhelming.

I even went as far as getting an F430 Scuderia, but that was just a different car altogether, and nowhere near the regular one.

Anybody else notice this? Am I just out of my mind? Does anyone care? Are there other cars from other games that are now better or worse than they were earlier?
 
Sure its not the wonky suspension settings?

Try reversing your ride height first, then if no better reverse all front for rear settings and vice versa.
 
Anybody else notice the paddle shifters move with the steering wheel? I know its being picky but it just ruins the 430 Scuderia for me.
 
I like the 430, 430 Scuderia, and SP1. I like the 430 Scuderia better than the 458.

I didn't do much with Prologue, so I don't have a basis to compare these cars with, but driving them in GT5 is fun.

Here's a pic of a real life 430 Scuderia (courtesy of Wiki)

800px-Ferrari_430_Scuderia_in_Riyadh%2CKSA.JPG
 
I think the 430's a lot of fun stock... maybe I'm mad :D
 
Back