Ferrari F430

  • Thread starter Thread starter NoahRolld
  • 9 comments
  • 1,151 views
Messages
17
Messages
GTP_Noah
I don't know if it's just me or not but this car seems to lose control very easily on the turns. I'm must curious if you guys turn traction control on for the 430 or not. I put my traction control on 6 and it made a huge difference and it is now my favorite car to use.
 
Actually I haven't had a problem with the F430, as a matter of fact is one of my favorite cars to drive with all aids off as it is so manageable at high speeds.

If you think the F430 is hard you should give the Ford GT a shot, now thats a tough beast to control.
 
Actually I haven't had a problem with the F430, as a matter of fact is one of my favorite cars to drive with all aids off as it is so manageable at high speeds.

If you think the F430 is hard you should give the Ford GT a shot, now thats a tough beast to control.

Yeah I have the Ford GT. It is very bad on turns I hardly ever drive it. Also do you use the GT Pro wheel, because I do and every time I give too much gas on a turn with the F430 I go into a spin very similar to the Ford GT but not quite to that extreme.
 
Sadly, no I don't use a wheel as i dont have one but will buy the DFPGT soon, it all comes down to controling your right foot, as in half the throttle in a turn will more likely end in a spin.

I had the same problem but when I changed the controller setup to use the triggers for braking/accel. really helped me control this, anyway it all comes down to practice.
 
My P693 tweaked Red F430 is steady as a rock, but with every car that is a midengine, rearwheel beast with 500+ BHP you need to feed it smoothly.
 
The 430 is all about finesse and feel. the car is VERY predictable, the back end will come out if you mash it around a corner, so don't mash it be gentile in your throttle application in 2nd/3rd gear corners, (i dont use second in the f430 unless in a hairpin i find that there is enough torque in 3rd to get me into the revs quickly and it allows me to be more generous in my throttle application around the tighter bends {tuned for 700pp btw})

The GREAT thing about the f430 is the fact that it is so damn obediant right out of the box, it will do what you ask it to do, so if you rip on the wheel well, it rips into the corner which will result in the tail end coming out, same with throttle, if you ask it to go by stepping your foot through the firewall it will respond by spinning the arse end around. the key with the f430 is to ask it to do things that are possible within the realm of physics.

So like a skillfull commander you must ask your troops to fight hard but not fight a loosing battle.

I'll leave you with this, if you give it a little respect it is a VERY satisfying car to drive.

P.S. there are MUCH harder cars to handle, the f430 is by far the most tame mid/rear car Ive been in in gt5p i even find the 4wd R8 harder to handle.
 
The F430 is in my opinion, one of the best handling cars in the game. You just have to get used to driving a powerful MR car.
 

Brilliant post. made me laugh to myself.
The F430 is not only one of the most beautiful cars in the game but am happy to say was the first car that i bought and have kept. The likes of the Gt cars and the turbo S2000 have all been bought and sold . The F430 is a real delight to drive and as has been said on here already if you manage to control your throttle properly is more rewarding than any other car dare i say more rewarding than doing a lap of the high speed ring in under 50 seconds in the F1 car.
 
Brilliant post. made me laugh to myself.
The F430 is not only one of the most beautiful cars in the game but am happy to say was the first car that i bought and have kept. The likes of the Gt cars and the turbo S2000 have all been bought and sold . The F430 is a real delight to drive and as has been said on here already if you manage to control your throttle properly is more rewarding than any other car dare i say more rewarding than doing a lap of the high speed ring in under 50 seconds in the F1 car.

The F430 is a great car to drive and very rewarding, but the Corvette is pretty rewarding too, I like driving it on the high speed ring more that the F430. The F430 is nicer on slower tracks, like Eiger and Suzuka. And for having more control, look up the racing thread on this board, by someone called Plus... something like that, I think you can learn from it.
 
Back