Ferrari FXX a good race car?

• Thread starter DrDetroit
  • 26 comments
United States
United States
DrDetroit70
Hello all,

Just picked up the Ferrari FXX, but doesn't seem to handle too well, even after tuning it for hours. It's way better that it was, but nothing close to my Audi open cockpit racer (forgot the designation...but won the Le Mans 10-12 years in a row). That Audi is a rocket ship.

Anybody have any idea if the FXX is a good racer to have, or is it more of a dragster or oval track racer? I'm still 6-8 seconds slower in the FXX than the Audi on the Mount Panorama track (Audi: roughly 2:02 and FXX 2:08-2:12). Prior to tuning the FXX was closer to 2:19-2:20 of sketchy handling and beads of sweat.

No decent tunes for the FXX either...anybody else driving this car that could share some tips for race tuning?

Thanks and good day!!

DrDetroit

Yes, your right! I read the info first and it said the FXX was specifically a racer/track car, and the 20-some owners are all test drivers. So I figured it would handle closer to the Audi/GT type cars...like you said, even after tuning, handles more like an upgraded road ride.

Dammit...gonna have to look for a different racer then. Love the Audi, but not suited for every race.

Thanks for the reply.

DrDetroit

well, its a damn fun car to drive! to make it fun, put the lsd to quite low down (10, 8, 5) and put it on racing softs, then you can beat the hell out of it and it wont care. That being said, the Zonda r as mentioned before is probably the most realistic handling car in the game; planted like a racecar, but its still very easy to loose grip. When you do loose grip though, it just gets more fun, because its still relatively controllable!

I would suggest you buy either the R or the FXX depending on if you want speed and realism, or just plain fun!

I've not liked the FXX's handing and some PD updates have changed it's handling characteristics with Racing tires. Right now my favorite car to drive fast in the game is the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. With default settings it easily beats the FXX by 5 seconds per lap at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit. With some tuning you can loosen it up to your liking to give it the feel you want. Heck, even the default NSX-R Prototype Road Car will get around Brands Hatch Faster than the default FXX .

It's the fastest car that comes stock with Sports tires according to my Suzuka time trials. Check the 2nd link in my signature.

The NSX Prototype Road Car is 4 seconds slower around Suzuka.

well, its a damn fun car to drive! to make it fun, put the lsd to quite low down (10, 8, 5) and put it on racing softs, then you can beat the hell out of it and it wont care. That being said, the Zonda r as mentioned before is probably the most realistic handling car in the game; planted like a racecar, but its still very easy to loose grip. When you do loose grip though, it just gets more fun, because its still relatively controllable!

I would suggest you buy either the R or the FXX depending on if you want speed and realism, or just plain fun!

Excellent...will give the R a try. I own the FXX and will set the LSD as you advised...great looking car and fast as hell in the straights. I just need get the tuning down a bit for more traction.

Thanks for the help, you guys are actually very helpful here...unlike some boards where you get insolent morons trolling every post (a certain GTA forum come to mind).

DrDetroit

The FXX is a race car so I treat it like one That is race tyres, Stiff springs and low lsd settings. The thing handles fine now.

From memory I ran the dampeners around 7/5 F/R. This is a real Pro's car so don't be scared to use the aids to help you get around the track, Definitely SRF and TCS even ASM till you get how she handles and tune down pat.
One thing when I adjust the springs on a race car I don't worry about the actual number, I usually adjust the slider between 60 to 75%.

Hello all,

Just picked up the Ferrari FXX, but doesn't seem to handle too well, even after tuning it for hours. It's way better that it was, but nothing close to my Audi open cockpit racer (forgot the designation...but won the Le Mans 10-12 years in a row). That Audi is a rocket ship.

Anybody have any idea if the FXX is a good racer to have, or is it more of a dragster or oval track racer? I'm still 6-8 seconds slower in the FXX than the Audi on the Mount Panorama track (Audi: roughly 2:02 and FXX 2:08-2:12). Prior to tuning the FXX was closer to 2:19-2:20 of sketchy handling and beads of sweat.

No decent tunes for the FXX either...anybody else driving this car that could share some tips for race tuning?

Thanks and good day!!

DrDetroit

Give Praianos tune a try on the FXX. Your Audi is the R8 LMP race car. 👍

Last edited:
I really want to like this car, but I can't when I spin out all the time. I guess I'll have to look for tunes. It's just annoying when it seems like everyone else is having a tea party in this car when I'm flopping around the track like a dying fish.

I really want to like this car, but I can't when I spin out all the time. I guess I'll have to look for tunes. It's just annoying when it seems like everyone else is having a tea party in this car when I'm flopping around the track like a dying fish.

Lol...not everybody... It's getting better though. Now I'm down to roughly 2:06 at Mount Panorama...was at 2:19 when I first bought it.

Very cool looking ride...fast as a bat outta hell!

Good luck!

DrDetroit

R2 gas
L2 brake
X upshift
Square downshift
Left stick steering

R2 Gas
L2 Brake
Square Downshift
X Ebrake
Circle Upshift

Very similar to mine.
Could tell with the way you throttle coming out of corners. Spiking it repeatedly. Instead of gradually adding throttle.
Your quite quick, I can usually match your times. Your 12,000 plus Suzuka miles show though, It takes me alot more tries then I bet it does you. Haha

Hello all,

Do you realize you are comparing a not street legal car which in real life is not a full race car but more a track day tuned car with a Le Mans Prototype? It's like saying hey why this apple doesn't fell like that orange? :)

Give Praianos tune a try on the FXX. Your Audi is the R8 LMP race car. 👍
For the Willow and Ascari S level races the FXX absolutely shreds the rear tires, two stops are needed even if it fast. The left rear just goes down from 10 to 3 in a flash. Is that something an LSD adjust would help? I also second the Praiano tune even though I think he states it is for RH tires and not SS.

For none tire wear races it can close in on LMP cars.

Yea, the FXX is sketchy at best. Fun to drive, but difficult to keep on line in a race. I dropped my LSD settings to the lowest settings (see above post) to help with the power load, should help the tire wear, not sure as I can't run a 10-15 lap race with the FXX.

DrDetroit

I just used the FFX in the Tokyo 650pp seasonal,fully worked running at 635pp easily the fastest car I've used.
It topped out on the main straight over 330kmph and I had to hit the anchors at 250m out just to make turn one.
Anyway the main thing I found it handles ok until you stab the brakes an turn even with various AIDS on.
There is no drama with getting on the gas on exit, just scrub off some speed on the turn in. I ran SS tyres an no ASM.

Said it before, one of the finest balanced bits of machinery in the game.
Would marry this thing if it were legal.
This is just testing a rudimentary setup for current seasonal, could go a lot finer, still got a little wobble in it.
Silverstone is just mad in FXX, I got a super fine setup for that.
Wish you guys could hear original audio, I would say turn it up...

Said it before, one of the finest balanced bits of machinery in the game.
Would marry this thing if it were legal.
This is just testing a rudimentary setup for current seasonal, could go a lot finer, still got a little wobble in it.
Silverstone is just mad in FXX, I got a super fine setup for that.
Wish you guys could hear original audio, I would say turn it up...

Nice laps, looking pretty damn fast! Care to share your setup? Mine could use some tightening up.

Good day!
DrDetroit

Back