Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel

• Thread starter srpst23
  • 11 comments
I saw the Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel at Costco the other day, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I cannot remember the price off the top of my head, but it was less than $50 (US).

It was sitting next to the copies of GT5, which implies that it is compatible with the game. However,it is not listed in the game controller/wheel submenu.

I'm sure that it is not as good as the Logitech/official GT5 Thrustmaster wheel (due to the low price), but I was wondering a) does it actually work with GT5, and b) is it any good (since I can't/won't spent $100+ on a wheel)

Thanks for any info, it's appreciated

So I guess that no one has this wheel then.

Would it help if I changed the title of the thread to a complaint about some obscure detail that is/isn't included in the game? It seems that those are the only threads that get any replies around here.

Logitech GT is <$100 in places now, Worth it IMO. I bought a LT wheel for GT3/4 and probably put 5000 hours or more on it over the years. What is that in $ per hour of enjoyment? Pennies an hour or less. I expect my new GT is going to be just as cost effective over the long term.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on a cheap wheel!!! It will make the game suck a lot. Do waste your money on a good wheel and it will make the game even more kick ass! The least I would go is the Driving Force GT (the one with the red dial). I have seen it at gamestop for $129. This is an excellent wheel and will make for some fun racing!

its crap totally unusable in gt5 the wheel rotation is rubbish I think its less than 220 way not enough to get round corner in GT5 its not even enough rotation to get round corner in most games and plus GT5 has no option to reduce steering lock either so it will still be set to full lock while your wheel will only turn 220 or less.
Get your self a DFGT there going pritty cheap now and will be even cheaper if you look around in the sales after x-mas.

You're connected to this wonderful source of information, called 'the internet', where you can come across useful user reviews such as this one from Amazon.com's Keith944T: "RUN AWAY FROM THIS WHEEL!"

You're connected to this wonderful source of information, called 'the internet', where you can come across useful user reviews such as this one from Amazon.com's Keith944T: "RUN AWAY FROM THIS WHEEL!"

Well I did, and most of the comments were actually quite complementary of the wheel, just the reviewers were usually driving grid, need for speed, or something along those lines. I wanted to see if anyone had used it for GT4/5.

It was very convenient of you to pick the one bad review though.

Thank you everyone else for the feedback.

Well I did, and most of the comments were actually quite complementary of the wheel, just the reviewers were usually driving grid, need for speed, or something along those lines. I wanted to see if anyone had used it for GT4/5.

It was very convenient of you to pick the one bad review though.

Thank you everyone else for the feedback.

I picked it because it was funny, in all caps, and spot on. Look for a wheel with 900° rotation, not 200°. Or not. It's your money.

I thought the Ferrari wheel does not allow for any force feedback? At least that's why I didn't consider it - I bought a DFGT instead and I'm very happy with it.

I just got the Logitech DFGT wheel yesterday here in the UK - the Logitech is out of stock everywhere now but there are lots and lots of Thrustmaster Ferrari one's on the shelves.....

I looked in to the Thrustmaster Ferrari one and it only has a 90 degree range either side. Plus its just rumble and not force feedback - topping all that off the Logitech was pretty much made with GT5 in mind... some people I have spoken to in the last few days while researching dont even know if the Thrustmaster Ferrari Wheel actually even works with GT5....

Thrustmaster Ferrari is cheaper but for a few extra pounds/bucks you can get the DFGT and trust me..... it really is totally worth it.

PS - Logitech has paddle shift and gear shift.... Thrustmaster just has paddles.

Dave

Back