Ferrari in the Livery editor

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 23 comments
Finland
Finland
I am not a huge fan of Ferraris, but the Dino is cool, so I went to make a livery for it. Then, as I went to the Brand Logos, I noticed it was looking very empty.

Kinda bizarre, the only manufacturer that's stingy with sponsors.

FTKENLJWIAA2k69.jpg

Almost certainly a contract stipulation (which you can get round with the decal uploader and any shared decals).

Those brands all look like official Ferrari partners and suppliers in the real world (except GoPro, which might be or might just be allowed because Ferrari has no official compact sports video camera supplier), and Ferrari's contract with PD likely requires that only its brand partners can have representation on its cars.

I am not a huge fan of Ferraris, but the Dino is cool, so I went to make a livery for it. Then, as I went to the Brand Logos, I noticed it was looking very empty.

'Twas the same in GT Sport.

We're talking about a brand that made sure no other cars could be used on their Fiorano track in another racing game. Ferrari's very... special in how it wants to be portrayed.
Same as Porsche, we didn't see them until Sport :lol:

https://www.slashgear.com/868276/the-truth-about-ferraris-celebrity-bans/#

At least Ferrari is as selective when it comes to celebrities as it is with everyone else. They do take their exclusivity seriously.

Car Keys quotes retired racecar driver Preston Henn, who reportedly sued – but later dropped the suit against – Ferrari in 2016 for denying him the LaFerrari Aperta. Henn owns 18 Ferrari cars, and his collection includes an extremely rare (only-three-models-ever-made rare) 275 GTB/C 6885 Speciale model based on the F1 car driven by the racing legend Michael Schumacher.

Read More: https://www.slashgear.com/868276/the-truth-about-ferraris-celebrity-bans/#?utm_campaign=clip

Last edited:
his collection includes an extremely rare (only-three-models-ever-made rare) 275 GTB/C 6885 Speciale model based on the F1 car driven by the racing legend Michael Schumacher.
Wat? :confused:

Ferrari is very very very picky about what goes on to their racing cars or cars in general.
This would be in the Licensing Contract PD has with Ferrari.

PD does not want to lose Ferrari as it took them ages to get it(thanks to EA and their Exclusive contracts)

I know that car, but I highly doubt it's based on one of MSC's F1 cars :dunce:
IDK, it seems there are a lot of magazines doing articles about people being banned from purchasing new Ferrari's because of the Beiber story. I'm sure that not all of the people writing these articles are actually doing their homework but I would think the website I linked would have looked into it before making a claim, or maybe they just read it somewhere else. That model is painted a beautiful Giallo though.

I was surprised to find that Nicholas Cage had done something to earn Ferrari's mistrust and get banned. Not so surprised to find out the Jenner/Kardashian clan was barred from premium or exclusive models though.

https://www.slashgear.com/868276/the-truth-about-ferraris-celebrity-bans/#

At least Ferrari is as selective when it comes to celebrities as it is with everyone else. They do take their exclusivity seriously.
There were rumors at the time Henn had spoken ill of Ferrari before the Aperta allocations, & this was Ferrari deciding to leave him off the list.

His reaction was like a spoiled child, though. Claimed Ferrari denying him was the equivalent of slandering him of being unworthy, then shared his LaF coupe wasn't that great, & ended by commenting the new NSX at the time was a better car than some high valued Ferrari Spider he had just purchased. He settled b/c his lawyers told him he had zero chance of winning his case as Ferrari offered to settle this.

There were rumors at the time Henn had spoken ill of Ferrari before the Aperta allocations, & this was Ferrari deciding to leave him off the list.

His reaction was like a spoiled child, though. Claimed Ferrari denying him was the equivalent of slandering him of being unworthy, then shared his LaF coupe wasn't that great, & ended by commenting the new NSX at the time was a better car than some high valued Ferrari Spider he had just purchased. He settled b/c his lawyers told him he had zero chance of winning his case as Ferrari offered to settle this.
There is also the issue of Ferrari not tolerating constructive criticism if I remember Chris Harris was once blacklisted by Ferrari.

Knowing that Justin Bieber was banned from Ferrari for taking his 458 to West Coast customs, it's a miracle they let us put custom decals on them.

I was surprised to find that Nicholas Cage had done something to earn Ferrari's mistrust and get banned.
Its probably because Ferrari was insulted with the quote:
Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)

[in a Ferrari dealership]

Roger the Car Salesman: My name's Roger, sir. May I be of some help?

Memphis: That's funny, my name's Roger... Two Rogers don't make a right.

[laughs]

Memphis: Roger, I have a problem...

Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?

Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.

Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.

Memphis: Perhaps, mmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...

Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

Back