Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Another expensive fiat..

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • No comment..

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
FERRARI CHALLENGE STRADALE

New lightweight 'rarri to be launched at Geneva

A new Ferrari, to be unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow in March, will be called the "Challenge Stradale". It joins the 360 Modena and the 360 Spider in the Ferrari 8 cylinder range of road cars.

Directly derived from the cars used in Ferrari Challenge International Championships and the FIA GT races, the car benefits from a significant weight reduction, aerodynamic bodywork, enhanced braking performance and an F1-style gearbox.

The engine is the same 3,586cc V8 as used in the 360 Modena and the 360 Spider.

The colour of the car on the Ferrari stand in Geneva will be the new "Rosso Scuderia", the same red of the Formula 1 cars, with decorations recalling Ferraris used in customer races of the past.

Attachments

• ferrari...jpg
    ferrari...jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 262
Well, if Porsche can sell hundreds of 911 GT3's, I can't see why Ferrari can't get in on the act. Surprised it hasn't happened before, actually.

except the GT3 looks remotely good... this looks like a bad attempt at a racecar from a tuning firm...

Aside from the ghastyl white stripe, I really don't see much change between the 360M and 360C-S. Sure, they ditched some dead weight, but from what I've read it's nothing other than that loss of weight. I know that can do a lot for a car, but to charge that much more for a few kilos less car.... If Ferrari re-worked the engine some, tossed in carbon-ceramic brakes, or something that makes it worth of the "Challenge-Stradale" name, then I might actually like it. This little trick seems more marketing than anything.

Your fools all fools!!!
OK granted this isnt exactly a successor to the 288 GTO but if you study the spec of the car they have squeezed more power out of the engine among many other mods not just cosmetic.
As for the stripe I love it, it reminds me of the racing Ducatis.
Yesterday drove behind a 360 for a few miles (just happened to be going the same way) the guy driving seemed to be leaving it in 2nd gear most of the time.....MAN the sound AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!:) :) :) :P :D

I've read about this car. It has 430hp and weighs 2,350lbs

I think its worthy. I think the tranny has also been severely upgraded to shift alot faster than the 360Modenas F1 style shifter.

It also has alot more downforce. Its basically a race car. I am not one to bicker and dwell on looks. The 360 already looks awesome.

I would like to see a bit more upgrading though.

I really dont understand why this car would cost MORE than a regular 360 Modena!?

Originally posted by nmg
Kind of looks like a McLaren F1.

I dont see how you could see some McLaren in that at all...

I like 360's alot. Personally I think they did a little more than they had said. I think they look awesome in Yellow, so I'll that it in that :)...

i didn't like the way 360's looked compared to other ferraris but when i heard one pass me at high revs it was AWFUL... i do hope the engine was broken or something because it literally sounded like an ailing scooter. either i am a fan of muscle cars or something just isn't right with that engine.

f40 did it for me still the most beautiful ferrari ever

Back